Currently seeking a Director of Rehab for a beautiful Continuing Care Retirement Community in Mission Viejo, CA!
Therapy Specialists is excited to announce a wonderful opportunity for an experienced Director of Rehab to help build Rehab Services on the campus of Reata Glen, a beautiful Continuing Care Retirement Community in Mission Viejo, California. Reata Glen is a 60-acre oasis for Senior Living in the hills of South Orange County and conveniently located just minutes from beaches, shopping, dining, and cultural attractions. The campus currently offers residents Independent Living, Memory Care, and other long-term care options.
As the Therapy Provider of multiple CCRCs throughout California, we are seeking a passionate Director of Rehab with a proven track record in Skilled Nursing to help us build an Outpatient Program on the campus of Reata Glen and startup rehab services in the new on-site Skilled Nursing and Assisted Living facility to be opened later this year.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the initial startup of the campus-based Outpatient Program and Skilled Nursing program at Reata Glen.
- Supervising and overseeing all operations in the rehab department at Reata Glen.
- Providing direct patient care and treatment as a PT or OT to high-level and low-level patients in multiple practice settings across the continuum of care with clinical expertise.
- Managing the patient and customer experience by providing excellent customer service to high end customers.
- Acting as liaison between facility administrators and the President and Vice President of Therapy Specialists.
- Maintaining staffing, productivity, and department budget guidelines.
- Ensuring that paperwork, rehab orders, and care plans are current and completed timely.
- Assisting with hiring, onboarding, training, and mentoring of new therapy staff.
- Participating in facility meetings, operations, and quarterly meetings.
- Networking with facility staff and referral sources to grow rehab services and reputation in the community as a destination of choice for rehabilitation services.
- Encompassing the values and standards set by Therapy Specialists, which include professional ethics, professional performance of staff, compliance with state/ federal/ local laws/ regulations, and effective and efficient department operations to ensure safe operation of equipment/ working conditions.
- A minimum of one year of DOR Experience in Skilled Nursing is required.
- A minimum of one year of DOR Experience at a CCRC in Skilled Nursing, campus-based Outpatient Services, Assisted Living, and Independent Living is preferred.
- Startup Experience developing campus-based Outpatient Services and/or a Skilled Nursing Program is desired.
- An active PT or OT License in California is required.
- Working knowledge of PDPM, Medicare Part B, insurance verification, and meeting reporting for Skilled Nursing.
- Skills to document in multiple EMR systems, such as Casamba, PCC, and other Home Health systems.
- Passionate about therapy and providing patient care.
- Comfortable with public speaking in front of small and large groups.
- Ability to work independently, self-manage, self-motivate, problem solve, multi-task, maintain positive work-place relationships, lead others, and communicate effectively.
- Availability to work a Monday through Friday Schedule and weekends based on facility and patient needs.
- Willingness to float to nearby Therapy Specialists sister facilities if caseload fluctuates or for vacation coverage.
Why Therapy Specialists?
Founded in 1976 by Susan J. Harris, OTR, a nationally respected pioneer in rehab services and recipient of the 2018 OTAC Lifetime Achievement Award, Therapy Specialists is San Diego's largest independent therapy provider - providing comprehensive rehabilitation programs and consulting services to skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living communities, memory care facilities, adult day health and outpatient settings throughout California.
We deliver our associates a culture of collaboration, support, opportunity and recognition, so they can reach their potential and deliver the best possible care to our patients and partners. We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic, and skilled Director of Rehab who is interested in collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team of therapists and providing outstanding patient care.
- Highly competitive compensation and benefit package
- 401(k) plan
- State-of-the-art equipment
- 5-Time Award Recipient of "Best Places to Work"
- Monthly awards for associates in recognition of their efforts in going 'above and beyond'
- Unparalleled reputation for best practices that meet today's healthcare challenges
Therapy Specialists supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Therapy Specialists is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action / Disability / Vets Employer.