Symbria has an opportunity for an Occupational Therapist (OT)/Physical Therapist (PT)/Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA)/Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA)/Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) who is seeking a leadership position as a Home Health Care Director of Rehabilitation/Program Manager.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and actives for the Home Health Care Program at John Knox Village, a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in Lees Summit, MO.
- Supervise John Knox Village therapy staff and therapy activities in the community related to Home Health Care.
- Coordinate therapy services with the nursing department and report information presented at assigned meetings.
- Monitor staff productivity and staffing requirements per patient caseload.
- Ensure program compliance with the requirements of regulation agencies.
- Collect statistical data to monitor services utilization.
- Coordinate internal and external marketing activities in conjunction with community staff to promote awareness of Home Health Services within/outside the community.
- Monitor outcomes of the rehabilitation program.
Managerial Functions and Responsibilities
- Analyze the workload and the human resource (HR) needs of department in collaboration with John Knox Village HR department.
- Establish job requisition specifications and identify job content changes.
- Interview candidates for openings and assist in making hiring decisions in collaboration with the John Knox Village HR department.
- Orient new staff members to department policies and procedures. Review job responsibilities and expectations of performance in collaboration with the John Knox Village HR department.
- Plan, delegate and control work assignments of therapy staff.
- Establish short-term goals and objectives for therapy staff.
- Develop and motivate staff members to improve performance.
- Identify training needs and evaluate training alternatives.
- Assist in establishing department budget; accountable for results as measured against budget plan.
- Evaluate performance results of staff members; communicate performance discussions and results to manager.
- Review salaries of staff members and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Maintain discipline and recommend actions in collaboration with the John Knox Village HR department.
- Communicate corporate and company policies and procedures to staff members.
- Clinical experience, minimum four years.
- Managerial and marketing experience.
- Licensed rehabilitation professional with acute care, long-term care, rehabilitation and Home Health Care experience.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
- Proficient use of computers and Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.