Custom Ink, the leader in custom apparel for groups and communities, is all about bringing people together. That's what inspires our creative online platform, dedicated sales professionals, and award-winning work environment. With 1,600+ team members (“Inkers”), we are passionate about the success and well-being of our team and have earned frequent recognition as a top workplace from such organizations as Fortune Magazine and The Washington Post. Our customers are counting on us to come through for them, and that’s important to all Inkers - no matter what role they’re in.
How you’ll make a difference:
We’re looking for a Director of Sales Enablement to propel the development of training programs for our growing sales channels. As our Director of Sales Enablement, you will support our growing sales teams by developing unique skills, creative approaches and cohesive strategies that will be influential on our journey to becoming an outstanding sales organization with a focus on driving an omni-channel experience for our customers.
This is a great opportunity for a leader looking to work in a fun and creative company. You’ll have high visibility and exposure within the business, through your collaboration with sales leadership, team development, our retail stores, merchandising and supporting segments, and report to the Vice President of Sales.
What you’ll do:
You will unlock sales capabilities across departments and channels through high impact sales enablement programs that create meaningful customer connections across an omni-channel experience. As we expand our omni-channel offerings, it’s important that our sales teams acquire and develop new skills to provide a next level customer experience. From Inbound Sales to Outbound Sales, Key Account Management to Large Customer Support, this leader must be plugged into the strengths and goals of each function.
Responsibilities will include:
- Build the strategy for Sales training and enablement practices that flow both to and from Sales, and other parts of Custom Ink
- Create a roadmap that includes a toolkit to work both in person and with a more remote and dispersed team
- Develop a systematic & repeatable approach to continuous improvement for Sales that work within any environment and with multiple customer types
- Establish understanding, support, and joint ownership with partners in Marketing, Merchandising, Technology, working together to hear and respond to the “voice of the customer”
- Partnership with Learning and Development, Talent Management and Recruiting to serve as an essential player in promoting a sales talent pipeline, developing sales career paths and best using sales talent
- Drive success of local markets through sales training in stores and skills development of store leaders
- Contribute to the broader success of our leadership teams
Finally, like all of us here, you’ll help create a positive work environment and relationships within the team and throughout Custom Ink.
How you’ll be measured:
This role is essential to our continued sales growth. With a focus on strategic development, scalability and the success of sales training for all channels. Measures of this role will include:
- Sustained and channel specific sales lifts post training
- Increased customer satisfaction
- Increased pipeline in Key Accounts and Outreach Sales
- Increase conversion in Inbound Sales
- Help improve an uptick in team engagement / job satisfaction as part of our quarterly survey
- Quality, scalability and effectiveness of sales training programs, roadmap and resources
- Decreased ramp up timing for new sales associates as training will be a part of their onboarding
What we’re looking for:
You will have the following:
- Successful track record leading and coaching both salespeople and sales leaders, through developing both the strategic roadmap and the content of the Sales Enablement program
- Ability to propel sales in the best interest of the customer & company through sales program leadership
- Experience using engaging tools, tech, and approaches tied to learning (virtually and in person)
- Experience with “in the field” coaching & motivating sales teams
- Creativity and proactiveness
- Influence, and collaboration on leadership teams and with partners
- Direct sales experience (has walked the walk)
- 'Train the trainer’ experience
- Instructional and presentation skills
- Ability to travel and coach during ride alongs (up to ~50% when it is safe to do so)
- Pluses: Salesforce CRM, retail, omni-channel, talent management, sales management
You must share our values—practicing the Golden Rule, taking Ownership, and driving and embracing Innovation.
We aim to live by the Golden Rule and create an environment that supports Team Members. You can look forward to:
- Working for a nationally & locally recognized top employer with great compensation package, great benefits, and perks
- Opportunities for development
- Volunteer opportunities through our “Three Hearts Volunteer Team”
- Wellness Program Offerings
Please submit a letter of interest with your application.
CustomInk, LLC ("Custom Ink") is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in all forms and are committed to maintaining a discrimination-free workplace that treats applicants and employees with dignity and respect. Our employment process is conducted without regard to race, color, religion, nationality or ethnic background, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other attributes protected by state, federal, and local law.
Read about our commitment to the safety of our team members during COVID-19 here.