We are recruiting for a Director of Sales position in the Industrial Component Sales - heavy material bulk handling industries. Specifically conveyor components. The industries include mining, aggregate, quarries, cement, steel, limestone, and paper, etc.
General Overview: The Director of Component Sales’ primary responsibility is to find, build, and manage profitable relationships with Industrial Key Distributors and direct customers in heavy material handling and bulk material handling industries for our clients' products and services. The Director of Component Sales will be responsible for sales group setup and structure for conveyor components with a focus on industries outside of coal. Heavy Material Bulk Handling.
Not required but preferable, would come from a company or have experience in the distribution of products and services in the dust mitigation and bulk material handling systems within the Steel, FGD, and Aggregate Mining markets as well as pulp paper.
This position will require strong leadership and technical sales skills to achieve maximum sales growth. This individual will create and execute a sales plan that expands our client's reach across multiple heavy industry segments and customers throughout North America.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities: The Sales Director
- Manages both Inside and Field Sales teams to meet new customer, revenue, and profit goals
- Responsible for new division set-up, staff hiring, training, execution, and staff motivation.
- Assures that the Inside and Field Sales team is selling our products across all industry segments including mining, aggregate, quarries, cement, steel, limestone, and paper, etc.
- Responsible for new customer prospecting, lead management, and component quoting
- Manages to successful resolution any channel crossover between Distributor and Direct Sales
- Identifies, trains, and motivates Distributors and their direct sales force to sell products and services and industrial products.
- Initiates prepare and coordinate the development of individual action plans with Distributors to increase market potential and penetrate new markets
- Travels as required to develop and maintain a pipeline of new and existing distributors and direct customers
- Provides to senior management weekly sales report with a focus on new customers, revenue, margins, and profitability
- When necessary, helps lead the logistics, customer service, and all other support functions for the conveyor components division
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary by senior management related to conveyor components division
- Position requires the general mobility to function throughout the facility and customer work sites
- Prolonged periods of sitting, standing/walking
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs and work comfortably in heavy industrial and bulk material handling environments
- Position requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent long-term industry experience
- Experienced sales management experience with focus through distribution along with direct sales staff
- Experience managing an industrial products line with full P&L responsibility
- Outstanding leadership skills with a competitive desire and passion to succeed
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications, analytical, and sales skills required
- Self-motivated and disciplined with the ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Strong overall business knowledge and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Proficiency in Windows Interface and Microsoft Applications
- Able to demonstrate a history of stability, accomplishment, and success within industry segments outlined
- Able to take ownership for the conveyor parts products business in the North America region from a strategic and tactical perspective along with profitability
- Knowledgeable of working with distributors ensuring all sales and marketing programs available at the distributors are well understood and executed with the maximum ROI
- Understands and has successful experience with doing “pull-through” selling by creating demand at the end-user level
PLEASE APPLY BELOW