About News Break
We define a new way for users to engage with local news. Since our founding in 2015, we've grown by leaps and bounds. We’re now the largest intelligent local news platform in the U.S.
We're ranked the #1 news app on both iOS and Android. With 11M+ daily active users and 23M+ monthly users we’re also ahead of all major news apps. We're a series-C startup headquartered in Mountain View, California.
We've seen growth 3x every 12 months in both user base and revenue. Right now, we're aggressively expanding our team and looking for senior talents to accelerate our growth. Looking for you to lead our next steps!
For more information, visit www.newsbreak.com/about
About the RoleAs the Director of Sales of News Break, you will be responsible for all aspects related to revenue generation and revenue strategy – staffing, ad-product development and extensions, operations, compensation plans and more. You will also play an essential role in helping build the brand, acting as the primary public face of News Break. You will help us to continue developing the brand’s position in the market and its voice. This is a unique opportunity for someone eager to really put their personal stamp on a newer brand that is already a huge player in Publishing.
About Your Contributions:
Provide overall executive leadership ensuring the continued development, growth, and execution of the business strategy, value proposition, team culture and the brand, including:
- The primary responsibility will be to drive revenue and a vision to meaningful revenue growth over next 1-3 years.
- Drive innovation working cross-functionally helping to drive innovation and new audience development and growth strategies that lead to revenue growth.
- In depth knowledge of and relationships within the Digital Media Publishing and Ad Tech space (brands and agencies).
- Manage and bring on top talent to help with revenue objectives.
- Act as the public face of the brand, working to better establish its position and voice in the market, attending trade shows and events, and supporting PR and marketing.
- Communicate effectively with executive leadership, able to prepare and present ad revenue performance and projections as well as across functions with key stakeholders with respect to overall strategy and tactical planning as well as resulting performance.
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier school or the equivalent. 8+ years of sales experience, 4+ years in digital ad sales.
- A proven track record of successfully building and scaling a digital sales team using quantifiable metrics that lead to success in revenue growth and profit throughout multiple lines of business.
- You love being strategic, but just as importantly, rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on with the day-to-day business.
- P&L ownership for the ad sales business, successfully exceeding the top line and managing expenses to plan as a digital leader is a must; strong financial, operational, and analytical skills.
- The Head of Sales of News Break will be a known and well-respected executive in digital advertising, publishing, and performance media with drive and desire to take the brand to the next level.
- Experience with influencer content is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop, structure, and execute business strategies, going beyond just tactics to “the vision thing;” predicting industry trends and allowing the business to stay ahead of the curve as digital media continues to evolve.
We provide highly competitive compensation package including base salary, bonuses, and stock options. Benefits include great Medical, Dental and Vision. A flat organization and family-like culture makes this a perfect environment to make huge impact on our product and grow your skill set.