At the DoubleTree by Hilton Chicago- Schaumburg. We are seeking a teammate to contribute to the property by being influential, driven, and ultimately committed to the continued growth and success of the hotel and community!
At the DoubleTree Schaumburg, the instant you step into our sleek lobby, you will feel at home! Stay close to Fortune 500 giants and Legoland. Find us off I-290, close to various restaurants, and within two miles of IBM, Capital One, and AT&T. Attractions like Legoland, Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, and Woodfield Mall can be reached in six minutes. O'Hare International Airport is 14 miles from our door.
With 189 guest rooms and over 2,700 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space our hotel is prefect for intimate corporate seminars, extravagant celebrations, and everything in between.
- Competitive salary, bonus, and 401k
- Great benefit package including medical/dental/vision plans, paid sick/vacation/holiday, travel and restaurant discounts and much more!
- Hilton World Wide Employee Discount
- Associate Referral Program
- Collaborative culture and stimulating work environment
At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.
Meets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win selling approach.
- Achieves a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Direct Sales: Targets appointment-oriented sales calls to ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own reliable transportation and possess a valid state driver's license in order to make sales calls.
- Key Account Management: Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and capturing those that offer revenue growth.
- New Account Development: Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most probable to generate new business. Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development "hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable hotel contacts, and contracts. Continually targets and prospects for new business through telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.
- Yield Management: Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the hotel's financial performance.
- Account Service and Management: Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date file management system in order to service client and employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner. Develops strong customer relations through frequent communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction. Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased revenues. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Product Knowledge: Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and capabilities.
- Time Management: Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts. Professionalism: Controls expenses including travel on the property's behalf in order to minimize hotel costs. Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Hospitality Resources with the highest level of integrity.
- Professionalism: A service-focused approach and a caring, sincere attitude at all times. Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel departments and maintains open communications with all coworkers for the best overall performance of the hotel. Display a neat, clean and business-like appearance at all times.
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
4+ years of hotel sales experience
- Requires knowledge of general sales techniques, yield management, and customer service skills.
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills. Requires effective business writing skills.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance. Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs, and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors, to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions
Office environment, weather exposure when making sales calls