Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:OVERALL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Director of Sales is responsible for maximizing group room sales and related revenue while insuring utilization of all profits. Primary responsibilities will be over Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa, with oversight of the sales responsibilities for the Cardozo Hotel South Beach. Cardozo Hotel is a small, 40 rooms boutique hotel, with minimum group activity.
OVERALL AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY: The Director of Sales is responsible for maximizing group room sales and related revenue while insuring utilization of all profits. Primary responsibilities will be over Costa d’Este Beach Resort & Spa, with oversight of the sales responsibilities for the Cardozo Hotel South Beach. Cardozo Hotel is a small, 40 rooms boutique hotel, with minimum group activity.
BASIC FUNCTIONS: To direct assertive solicitation program that will insure budgeted room night revenue goals are achieved on an annual basis. Responsible for coordinating and participating in the direct sales effort in the group, corporate, leisure and travel markets.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of hotel sales experience. Must have resort / conference center experience. CMP
experience is preferred.
- Must have excellent supervisory skills and have managed a sales team.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- CPR Certification and First Aid training preferred.
- Additional language ability preferred
- Assist General Manager in establishing group sales goals and forecasting group revenues, budgeting and management of sales office.
- Direct the sales and administrative effort on a day to day basis in accordance with objectives outlined in the marketing plan and encompassing administrative requirements.
- Assisting, coaching and counseling of all sales staff.
- Instruct each sales/catering person in selling techniques and management philosophy and develop them so that they are promotable within the company.
- Maintain a harmonious atmosphere within the sales department and maintain good working relationships with all other operating departments to insure guest satisfaction.
- Assist in the attainment of all budgeted goals:
Group room nights
Group average rate/group revenues
Sales Department expenses
- Perform all personnel actions, i.e., Career Conversations, annual review of sales staff, etc., in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Attend industry and client related functions in order to keep current on industry trends and to maintain close client contact.
- Prepare the annual marketing plan.
- Performs other duties as requested in a timely and efficient manner.
Perform other related duties as requested by the General Manager / Managing Director.