Founded in 1986, the San Manuel Casino (SMC) has built a strong reputation as a premier gaming establishment drawing patrons from the greater Los Angeles area as well as other regions of Southern California. The SMC Slots Department is committed to providing a customer focused team of technical experts to support the maintenance and repair of gaming machines throughout the casino.
The Slots Director primary purpose is to maximize slot gaming revenue, through managing slot product, negotiating costs, and improving the guest experience. The Slots Director is responsible for the oversight of the department and serves as the decision maker for critical decisions affecting the department. This position plays a significant role in the successful achievement of strategic goals and meeting the expectations set by the organization.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides strategic direction, guidance, support and operational and financial oversight to ensure the successful operation and continuous progress of the Slot Operations department.
- Maximizes slot floor optimization by performing in-depth analysis to identify revenue opportunities with slot product mix and pricing, establishing slot replacement cycles, slot hold percentages, slot quantities, additional revenue sources, etc.
- Manages the slot department including staffing, regulatory compliance, product acquisition, placement, productivity and maintenance, business plan development, annual operating and capital budget preparation, and quality service standards. Responsible for preparing, planning and forecasting capital investments, direct expenses and gaming revenues.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of the slot industry, including new technologies and latest trends in slot equipment, games, features, etc. relevant to slot and gaming operations. This requires travel to industry events such as conferences, conventions, industry expert panels, tradeshows, expositions, etc. This requires the Director to network with industry peers, experts and colleagues to ensure access to information related to the industry’s best practices. Must maintain strong knowledge of the competitive landscape, by surveying the offerings of the competitors.
- Manages vendor relationships, staying abreast of new and current technology for department needs and competitiveness. Responsible for all contract negotiations to ensure the best pricing, highest discounts, most favorable terms, added incentives, exclusive deals, etc.
- Displays professional conduct, sound judgment, the highest level of professional integrity and a strong ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Collaborates to develop, implement, and oversee strategies for the betterment of the Company. Mentors team members with a commitment towards personal and professional growth.
- Develops a service culture that is focused on internal and external customers while creating consistent service expectations. Establishes processes to ensure guest complaint resolution.
- Reviews the policies and procedures of the Slot Department to monitor internal controls and ensure protection of the gaming assets, updating such as needed to align with best practices, maintaining high level of regulatory compliance.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning reviewing and directing work; evaluating and appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Minimum ten (10) years slot operations experience is required.
- Equivalent combination of education and progressive, relevant and direct experience may be considered in lieu of educational requirement.
- Experience in large-scale gaming operations, 2,000+ gaming machines preferred.
- At the discretion of the San Manuel Tribal Gaming Commission you may be required to obtain and maintain a gaming license.
- A qualified candidate/employee must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record as determined by the company’s insurance carrier.
- State of California Key Employee license required.
San Manuel Band of Mission Indians and San Manuel Casino will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.