Under the supervision of theDeputy Chief Medical Officer / Vice President of Medical Administration, the Director of Social Services is responsible for the development, implementation, and evaluation of social services/case management services for the Community Health Centers.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develops and monitors processes associated with the Social Services/Case Management.
- Attends community and planning meetings as they relate Social Services/Case Management.
- Acts as the contact person for UHC in relationship to Social Services.
- Oversees the hiring and management of Social Services personnel, and makes on going personnel recommendations regarding staffing decisions.
- Defines and implements the direction, goals, and objectives of UHC's Social Services programs.
- Functions as the LICSW for the Mental Health Core Service Program.
- Assists the social service coordinators in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating programs and processes related to: HIV, Homeless, entitlement and clinical social services.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates substance abuse services offered by UHC.
- Collaborates with Grants Management Department to assure compliance with deliverables of grants associated with Social Services.
- Develops processes to assure that the Social Service Staff are completing the encounters appropriately and timely.
- Performs other related duties and responsibility.
- Master's degree in Social Work from accredited college or university required.
- LICSW required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant work experience in mental health and HIV Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
? Experience in the planning and implementation of social service and entitlements programs.
? Experience in working in a nonprofit primary care ambulatory clinic or the equivalent.
? Experience in working with homeless and/or underserved populations preferred.
? Experience in working in a multi-site agency helpful.