IPSY is the largest beauty subscription in the world, with over 3 million monthly members, and the first brand to combine a rich community platform with a highly personalized commerce experience. Headquartered in San Mateo, with offices in New York and Santa Monica, IPSY brings together a diverse group of rule-breaking thinkers and creative problem solvers with a penchant for getting things done. From Marketing and Media to Engineering and Operations, we stand together to celebrate individuality and inclusivity—and we’re just getting started.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Director of Sourcing & Production to join our Procurement team at IPSY. This team supports a variety of product categories from bag, package, to beauty/personal care, and more! As a Director of Sourcing & Production, you will be responsible for the end to end support in market intelligence, benchmarking support, negotiating contracts, sourcing & onboarding of new vendors, product development, cost negotiations, delivery tracking, and complete production management. To be successful, you should be able to manage processes as well as to adapt as needed in a fast-growing business. You are a team leader who knows how to recruit and mentor a hardworking team to set and achieve strategic goals. In addition, we are looking for someone who is highly experienced with the overseas manufacturing process and know all the ins and outs of navigating the sourcing pipeline.
Do you enjoy mentoring and have experience managing processes in a fast-growing business? If so, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Lead the key sourcing functions, including supplier selection, marketing intelligence, business partner management, contract management, negotiations, etc.
- Set and lead the team to execute team objectives and consistently measuring the results
- Develop processes to ensure production cycles deliver against quality, cost and time objectives
- Identify and implement best practices to ensure continuous improvement throughout our sourcing and production management efforts
- Continually seek innovative opportunities for cost-savings and shorter lead times
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams, including product development, operations, customer service, and finance team to develop, test, and execute ideas designed to improve both internal processes and the customer experience
- Maintain relationships with suppliers, including developing new and existing relationships, and handling escalations
- Recruit and lead a growing team of buyers, aiding in their career development, and serving as an excellent resource
- Manage issues and resolve them
What We’re Looking For:
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing/production management role in the beauty industry
- Experience with overseas manufacturing and working with overseas suppliers
- Strong track record of leading and building teams
- Exceptional business acumen, financial analysis, and quantitative skills required
- Shown ability to drive and run multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Well organized with strong attention to details
- Bachelor's degree in chemical engineering degree or higher; MBA from top university preferred
- Experience working with supplier vendors in both a turnkey and non-turnkey environment is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer who celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact us.