Do you have experience supporting store teams to ensure efficient store operations, and do you want to work for an amazing lifestyle retail company based in Park City?
Be a part of our fascinating organization that puts its team, partners, guests & planet first, and where our people are pretty great!
Our story begins with extraordinary people. It is a group of creative, detailed and passionate folks that make up our store and store support center teams that truly love what they do – helping further our partner’s missions by creating spectacular retail experiences.
Event Network is the industry leader in experiential and lifestyle retail, proudly delivering unparalleled guest experiences at unique world-class locations in North America. Our stores are at many of the most iconic cultural and resort destinations throughout the United States and Canada, including zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, botanical gardens, iconic, traveling exhibitions and other highly regarded cultural institutions. To see a complete list of our partnerships, please visit us at www.eventnetwork.com.
As Director of Store Operations and Development, you are the key liaison between the VP of Store Quality, Visual Merchants, Talent Development, Store Support Center, and Stores. The mission of the Director of Store Operations and Development is to ensure that each location that they support is committed to operational excellence. They meet this mission by working closely with each store team that they support. This relationship is focused primarily on operational compliance in the areas of training and development, payroll management, expense control, and inventory management. This focus ensures that our stores are operating efficiently, continuously improving, meeting statutory requirements, and improving financial performance by reducing expenses and losses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Training and development is focused on the delivery of our in-store training programs which includes leadership training and development, one-two-three-floor, ENU, as well as other programs focused on operational excellence, product knowledge, and guest service. This includes partnering with the VP Store Quality to recommend training opportunities to address operational, guest service and/or partnership development opportunities.
- Payroll management includes the review and monitoring of scheduling and payroll expenditures, and assisting with payroll budgeting, to ensure that stores come in at or below budget while also meeting all statutory requirements.
- Expense control is focused on analyzing controllable store expenses, monitoring actual expenses against budget and historical spending, and budgeting these expenses to improve store profitability.
- Inventory management is focused on compliance with the receipt and movement of goods. This includes receiving, ticketing, storing, and merchandising. This focus directly reduces losses related to damages, demos, and other losses.
- Asset protection is focused on monitoring loss prevention indicators, using our Exception Based Reporting System, auditing stores for operational and loss prevention opportunities, and attending physical inventories as needed.
- Transition support is focused on assisting the Transition Team in the coordination of remodels, transitions, and traveling exhibits, which includes new store opening training plan, onboarding of all store team members.
- Other duties and special projects as required.
Skills / Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of previous retail operations leadership experience preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written.
- Highly collaborative team player with a track record of partnering with others to meet objectives.
- Creative and resourceful.
- Superlative presentation skills. Ability to train large groups as well as individuals.
- Strong analytical, organization and prioritization skills.
- Excellent follow through and attention to detail.
- Ability to seek out and compile information necessary to make rational and appropriate decisions.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Self-directed and motivated.
- The Director Store Operations & Development will be required to travel approximately 25-50% of the time.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Director Store Operations & Development is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The Director Store Operations & Development must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.