nFocus Solutions is dedicated to the development of innovative technologies and intelligent business solutions for the public sector. We are a leading provider of applications, services and technologies that nonprofit organizations, communities, first responders and government agencies rely on to deliver services to the public at large. Our high-quality data management and analysis software enable our clients to achieve clear, well-defined results that change the world. Here at nFocus Solutions, we want to build a team whose values reflect our own: operating with integrity, putting the customer first, and making nFocus a great place to work. Come build something great with us.
We’re seeking a smart, highly motivated self-starter to join the nFocus Solutions team as a Director of Strategic Marketing. As the company’s marketing expert, you’ll be responsible for strategizing, managing, and executing all marketing activities to generate product awareness and to drive sales. The ideal candidate has proven success with developing business and marketing plans and loves to dig into data to determine an audience’s motivations, behaviors, and attributes to determine their needs. Ultimately, the Director of Strategic Marketing will be responsible for identifying market opportunities, optimizing resource allocations, and coordinating with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and execute the brand strategy.
- Generate enough qualified leads for our government, non-profit / community products to meet or exceed target growth rates in each
- Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for driving sales and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- Develop and drive execution of a comprehensive marketing plan consistent with overall strategic growth plans based off an understanding of the following areas – the total addressable market, mapping of market segments, government and regulatory roadmaps, key customers and their value drivers
- Determine and prioritize solution roadmaps for each market segment, including the product mix and positioning strategy
- Develop strategic level relationships with key customers, partners and industry experts that can be leveraged to improve competitive position
- Manage the collection, analysis and presentation of competitive information and market trends
- Identify and assess new and existing competitors in current or new market areas and develop appropriate competitive strategies
- Become an expert on the products so you can translate the functionality and benefits into a compelling solutions framework.
- Observe, report, and make recommendations on trends in client industries to improve the company’s marketing approach.
- Conduct competitor analysis to identify gaps in our content coverage and areas of opportunity.
- Coordinate with Sales to optimize messaging, testing, and segmentation for outbound email campaigns.
Education & Experience
- 10+ years of full-time experience in content marketing, message development, product go-to-market, and/or branding within a high tech/ed tech company.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, or related field. MBA in Marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to market, launch and grow enterprise technology products, preferably related to SaaS, CRM, B2B, enterprise or cloud solutions.
- Superb writing and editing skills (portfolio/samples required).
- Solid understanding of metadata, keywords, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Aptitude and interest to become a product and category expert.
- Knowledge of lead generation and marketing campaign best practices.
- Familiarity with education markets, nonprofits, or government sector (preferred).
- Ability to clearly articulate the business goal behind the creation of a piece or series of content.
- Skillful problem-solver who’s motivated, self-directed, and questions the status quo.
- Persuasive communicator who is adept at getting buy-in from leadership and other teams.
Benefits and Perks
What We Offer: nFocus Solutions offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account and life insurance, along with a 401k plan with company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage. Relocation expenses are not an offered benefit.