Since 1989, Community Options has strengthened the lives of persons with developmental disabilities through the provision of support services to them and their families and communities. Today, with over 6,000 employees and a budget of $220 million, Community Options supports more than 3,100 people each year providing supports to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities and brain injury challenges in 11 states.
We are currently seeking a Supported Employment Director – Supported Employment refers to services where individuals with disabilities are assisted with obtaining and maintaining employment.
This position is responsible for working with prospective employers in several different industries to procure both full and part-time employment for persons with disabilities. The Supported Employment Director reports to the Managing Director and will be based out of the Southern NJ and Southeast PA areas.
- Identify and engage potential employers for opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Supervise, evaluate, and provide support to job coaches.
- Oversee the development of employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
- Network with business leaders in the community to increase employment opportunities for persons with disabilities.
- Responsible for contract disbursements within the counties assigned to provide employment.
- Facilitate contract procurement with various agencies.
- Assist with grant development for vocational and employment programs.
- Maintain and follow all regulations with regards to wage and hour and other regulatory agencies.
- Recruit and screen candidates and assist with training of the job coaches.
- Establish a method of job placement that includes a survey of potential job openings and facilitate interviews with potential employers and participants.
- Establish internships for individuals with disabilities with potential employers.
- Establish job sampling sites for individuals to train within and learn new employment skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities in supported employment.
- Outstanding and proven leadership qualities and should have the capacity to cultivate and maximize community and corporate relationships to build the opportunities for potential employment sites.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build authentic relationships with staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral, social media, written communication and sales skills are essential.
- Experience with sales is beneficial.
Compensation: We offer excellent compensation and benefits with performance bonus.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send your resume to: Resumes-Svet@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer