Eden Housing is committed to creating communities and changing the lives of others through affordable housing. As a team, we work to meet the needs of lower income families, seniors, and persons with disabilities to develop true home environments and to genuinely improve the quality of life for our residents. We are committed to our green initiative and build with an energy-efficient perspective in mind, installing technologies such as solar panels and ensuring that all employees are educated on the importance of maintaining an environment for the future. Each year we continue to grow, and we are proud to say that our success is due to the collective hard work and support of our amazing partners and staff. If you are hardworking, innovative, and passionate, then come join our team!
The Director of Supportive Services leads the development and management of services programming in properties with units designated for special needs populations, including persons coming from homelessness and those struggling with behavioral health challenges. This position reports to the Vice President of Resident Services and collaborates with other key internal and external stakeholders to identify, develop, and implement service partner relationships. This position identifies, develops and oversees community partnerships to provide supportive services; develops and oversees third party service provider contracts; develops new best practices to inform service delivery models in permanent supportive housing and works collaboratively with property management to implement strategies; and coordinates with third party contractors to compile and present impact data on services programming. This position may supervise staff as needed. This position also works closely with the Real Estate Development, Asset Management, and Compliance departments to ensure all new and existing contracts and partner services are carried out in compliance with all regulatory commitments.
- Designs and develops evidence-based supportive services plans for individuals with special needs including persons coming from homelessness and those struggling with behavioral health challenges living in Eden Housing’s communities throughout California.
- Develops, negotiates, executes, and monitors paid contracts and unpaid formal agreements with third party service providers for service provision at properties with units designated for special needs populations.
- Lead the delivery of services and strategic planning for properties and units designated as permanent supportive housing within Eden Housing’s portfolio.
- Ensures third party providers are in compliance with all requirements of their contract and develop a tool to assess the effectiveness of those partnerships.
- Supervises completion of third-party contractor and community partner resident services monthly reports and other tracking mechanisms to measure quality of resident services programming across Eden’s portfolio as well as partnership productivity.
- Ensures services provided by partner organizations are provided in compliance with all identified regulatory requirements.
- Oversees and tracks performance of services partnerships with external providers in each community. Works together with on-site staff to establish new relationships with community-based organizations.
- Identifies new collaborative partners and strategic opportunities for provision of services programming at new and existing sites. Evaluates and conducts due diligence on opportunities and presents recommendations to the Vice President of Resident Services.
- Assists with establishing and managing a pipeline of service partners for proposed and confirmed future housing developments and enlist the support of existing partners for new Real Estate Development proposals to cities and counties throughout California.
- Provides consultation to Real Estate Development Department for resident services program designs and budgets in new affordable housing projects with units designated for special needs populations.
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Resident Services, monitors and provides input into the development of services budgets at the property level.
- Defines impact measures for all third-party services programming and develops data collection tools.
- Assist in the preparation of reports on identified outcome measures for Board of Directors.
- Participates in community coalitions as appropriate. This position plays a key role in local community networking and ambassadorship for affordable housing and resident services located in all Eden Housing communities.
- Develops and implements annual EHRSI goals for staff and partners, in collaboration with department staff.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for community partnerships in supportive housing.
- Works closely with the Property Operations Department to foster strong cross-departmental site teams.
- Provides input and support to the Training Department to develop and recommend training plans for staff working in permanent supportive housing properties.
- Assists in fund development efforts and identifying possible funding sources to support and enhance services provided to special needs populations.
- Develops and produces outcome data to measure program effectiveness and market programs.
- Leads Salesforce implementation and data integration strategy with partners and ensure data quality.
- Participates in and contribute to staff retreats, meetings, trainings and program/ organizational development.
- Participates and present at community events with occasional evening work.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- BA in Social Work or related field required. Master’s degree in social work or related field, LCSW, or other related professional license strongly preferred.
- Two years post clinical licensure, with the ability to sign Board of Behavioral Sciences hours strongly preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in supervision of a similar clinical or housing environment and demonstrated experience managing progressive responsibilities.
- At least 2 years of experience that reflects an understanding of the causes of homelessness and Housing First principles.
- Strong knowledge of the complexity of poverty and homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, health issues, and older adults required.
PREFFERED SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
- Experience with providing services in a housing environment and knowledge of housing subsidy programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of services to support individuals living with co-occurring disorders and experiencing homelessness.
- Familiarity and experience providing evidence-based practices in homeless service delivery including Critical Time Intervention, Trauma-Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, and other relevant strategies.
- Proven ability to develop relationships with community-based organizations.
- Experience with contract development, compliance and monitoring.
- Program development and evaluation experience.
- Proven ability to direct departmental activities; lead by example; formulate and execute company-wide goals and objectives and assess achievement.
- Superior leadership skills with emphasis in staff supervision and development.
- Strategic thinker. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Salesforce and HMIS preferred.
- Collaborative working style; team building approach.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and interface professionally to public officials and community groups.
- Ability to handle shifting and multiple priorities in a fast paced, growth environment.
- Must be able and willing to travel to all company locations to carry out duties and responsibilities.
- Experience working with diverse groups, i.e., staff, residents, outside contacts.
- Commitment to Eden Housing’s goals and philosophy.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LANGUAGE, MATH & REASONING SKILLS
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to senior management, public groups, and/or boards of directors. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have reliable automobile transportation, a valid California Driver's License and vehicle insurance.
Eden Housing is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Housing does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, disability, familiar status, national origin, or any other arbitrary basis.