Goodwill Industries of the Valleys is one of the region’s largest non-profit organizations. Our team is dedicated to helping individuals throughout our communities to overcome obstacles they have to finding work, entering a career, or achieving a level of independence to participate more fully in life.
As a consultative and strategic partner, will develop and execute talent acquisition, onboarding, and engagement strategies that align to the organization’s mission while improving overall recruitment and retention success. This involves working with senior leaders, hiring managers, frontline supervisors and HR colleagues to align resources to support and achieve hiring demands throughout the organization.
In addition to creating and executing sustainable recruiting and onboarding strategies, this position is instrumental in defining Goodwill’s employee value proposition and developing tools and strategies to foster a high-performance culture. Will also help ensure that high engagement levels are maintained throughout the entire employee lifecycle (post-hire).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee and improve the Talent Acquisition function including job requisitions, the full recruitment process, and onboarding.
- Provide leadership, support, advocacy and vision to recruitment staff that support recruiting needs aligned with Goodwill’s strategic direction and core values
- Develop the team by providing clear expectations on performance and how to exceed their goals
- Develop and execute best in class sourcing strategies and campaigns to ensure Goodwill is successful at attracting a diverse pool of candidates.
- Lead the planning, development and administration of Goodwill’s performance management system as well as engagement programs/initiatives designed to foster a high-performance culture and enhance retention.
- Develop strategies and manage programs designed to foster engagement including employee recognition programs and other activities aimed at creating a positive work environment.
- Administer GIV’s Performance Management process.
- Partner with leadership teams across the company to provide best practices in acquisition and engagement, recommend HR process improvements and implement system enhancements that position Goodwill as an employer of choice.
- special projects and other duties as assigned.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- 10 years of proven Talent Acquisition experience with minimum of 5 years in leadership role building successful teams.
- Demonstrated success creating highly effective recruiting, onboarding, engagement programs, within both in-person and virtual environments, that positions Goodwill to be viewed as an employer of choice.
- Demonstrated success developing and refining performance management programs.
- Expert in building and maintaining collaborative cross-functional relationships
- Creative and innovative approach to problem solving.
- Experienced at analyzing and interpreting data to proactively adjust strategies and make informed decisions, including tracking/reporting metrics, goals, and milestones
- Bachelor’s degree (required); SPHR certification (preferred)
Work environment and Physical demands:
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will regularly sit; talk; hear; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee will occasionally stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Special vision requirements include close, distant, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work environment and physical demands are those of a standard office setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
“Helping people and families in our communities achieve a better life through work and independence.”
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.