Director of Technology
Reports to: COO
Comp: Salary + Bonus DOE, Full time
Location: Summerland, CA
Company Overview: Headwaters is a vertically-integrated Cannabis supply chain company that focuses on cultivation, bulk commodity distribution, and consumer goods. Guided by the tenets of sustainable agriculture and driven by a commitment to transparency, when you see a Headwaters product, you can trust that it does right by you, the environment, and the community.
Run by a group of of cannabis innovators with a unique blend of business and agricultural knowledge, Headwaters is proud to be leading the Cannabis industry towards a sustainable future. At Headwaters, every decision we makefrom production strategy to designis guided by our three core values: Environmental Awareness, Community Partnership, and Personal Well-Being.
At the highest level, the Director of Technology will be responsible for
- Create a strategic technology roadmap, budget and set of KPIs to manage the long-term success of the technology department.
- Develop and deploy ERP software and data solutions, creating a set of scalable ERP software systems, hardware systems and data warehousing systems that will allow Headwaters to reach business goals.
- Using the ERP system as a foundation:
- Produce enterprise-wide KPI and BI reports.
- Develop and deploy customer-facing technology solutions for customers and supply chain partners for all transactions and management of their service contracts.
- Develop and deploy internal technology solutions for Headwaters employees to execute transactions and manage the provision of Headwaters supply chain services.
- Oversee all company IT software and hardware solutions across all departments.
- Improve company IT solutions and systems across cultivation, distribution, trading and corporate administration.
- Utilize technology and data to produce enterprise-wide case studies, business cases and value-oriented propositions for internal operations, partners, customers and development projects.
- Develop additional technology solutions and systems as the business grows.
The candidate must have
- Bachelors degree in Technology, Software Development or other related field.
- MBA or Masters Degree in a related field a plus.
- Cannabis industry experience a plus.
- Ability to lead a team to success, productivity and positive culture.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with ERP implementation and systems update.
- Proven track record of successfully leading major projects.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking to create and implement practical solutions to issues.
- Proven track record of delivering to key metrics in fast-paced business environments.
- Strong basis in process-mapping, root cause analysis and lean principles approach to problem solving.
- Able to communicate and partner effectively with all levels of the organization.
The Ideal Candidate
- Driven, motivated and passionate about life inside and outside of work.
- Focused on creating solutions, growth and systems in a startup environment.
- Able to lead teams in a way that inspires organizational growth and empowers employees.
- Able to creatively problem solve and remain calm under challenging conditions.
- Expert business administration and managerial skills to control costs and optimize efficiency.
Headwaters provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.