We are seeking a seasoned Director of Valuations to join our growing team in any of our MGO offices! The Director of Valuations will be charged with assisting heavily in business development activities, staff development and appraisal reviews.
- Bring strategic focus on go-to-market initiatives with a successful win record on business development.
- Create and maintain strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities and close sales.
- Lead, execute and deliver on valuation engagements.
- Train, Manage and develop a valuation team.
- Take care of the client (meets deadlines, timely communication).
- Provide strategic thought leadership to important business decisions.
- Manage and execute quarterly/annual fair market valuations pursuant to ASC 820 guidance involving early, mid-late stage, and pre-IPO companies, including illiquid debt, equity, and convertible securities
- Complete and lead purchase price allocation engagements according to ASC 805 guidelines and perform valuations of intangible assets including customer relationships, developed technology, and formulations, for financial reporting and tax planning purposes
- Manage and perform common and preferred equity valuations pursuant to Internal Revenue Code section 409A, using commonly accepted valuation and allocation methodologies
- Perform valuations for fraud and damage losses
- Conduct detailed forensic accounting valuations for losses of assets across industries (multiple industries)
- Ability to value Biological Assets under IFRS.
- Perform quarterly earn-out valuations related to milestone-based contingent consideration payments and monthly valuations of debt securities, structured products, and other illiquid assets/investments
- Complete carried and capital interest valuations for general and limited partner interests
- Manage and review promissory note valuations related to non-marketable debt agreements
- Perform goodwill and long-lived asset impairment analyses pursuant to ASC 350/360 for publicly-traded and privately held companies
- Perform and manage equity valuations for controlling and non-controlling interests in domestic and foreign entities for strategic planning purposes
- Complete entity valuations and estimate adjustments for lack of control and marketability for tax reporting purposes
- Lead and organize all aspects of client engagement and service including drafting of job arrangement letters, staffing, project budgeting, models/report reviewing and editing, billing/receivables tracking, and ongoing client communications
- Perform and manage valuations for inventory and other biological assets considered a Level 3 in accordance with IFRS
- Low overtime required throughout the year
- Heavy sitting for extended periods in front of a computer
- Minimal Hazards
- Travel 10-20% of the year – travel will be on an as needed basis between offices and to represent the firm at sponsored conferences and events
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other relevant field required
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred
- 10+ years of business valuation experience in a Big 4 or national basis required
- CPA, CFA, AM, ASA or other valuation industry credentials preferred
- Significant experience in business valuation and intangible assets required
- Prior experience in financial reporting valuation and appraisal review
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Prior experience with Capital IQ and Bloomberg preferred
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience managing a team of valuation professionals and delegating work assignments as needed; encouraging team environment on engagements and contributing to the professional development of assigned personnel
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet project deadlines focusing on details
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and act as primary contact on assigned engagements
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Superior analytic and research skills
- Ability to build relationships quickly and foster trust at all organizational levels
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise good judgment
- Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.