This position can be located in major metro areas such as New York, Atlanta, Los Angeles and Indianapolis.
The Director, Omni Channel Retail Partnerships, reporting to the Vice President Omni Channel Retail Partnerships, will be responsible for leading Shop Premium Outlet (SPO) partnership efforts with retailers.
This role identifies, cultivates and manages best-in-class partnerships to encourage new retailers to join the platform, optimize success with current retailers and help drive revenue for the company. This position will work cross-functionally with internal teams to drive partnership success for onboarding and ongoing retailer business on SPO as well as direct the pitch, negotiation, and contracting process to finalize the formal relationship with new retailers.
The ideal candidate has experience developing external relationships and is used to working in a fast-paced culture in retail, marketplace/affiliate, and ecommerce culture.
The person in this role will be the primary point of contact with retailers’ SPO POC(s) for an assigned list of retailers which will require collaboration with peers at the retailers’ organization, in the Simon Omni Channel department and other departments at Simon to ensure success. The person in this position is expected to know the SPO solution for retailers inside and out, be conversant in all areas of SPO that impact retailers and be able to communicate the SPO vision to retailers.
This role will be supported by Omni Channel Brand Managers who will help to drive Retailers’ business forward; deepening brand partnerships and achieving business and financial goals.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborate with the VP Omni Channel Retailer Partnerships to target, build and maintain a pipeline of relationships with potential partners
- Act as the primary contact for an assigned list of retailers. Oversee retailer activities across the SPO organization to support partnership efforts and identify opportunities for growth.
- Direct the end to end SPO retailer experience from pitch, to discovery, to negotiation, to contracting, onboarding and ongoing operations. Help ensure a robust pipeline and successful ongoing SPO experience
- Cultivate strong relationships with key partners across multiple levels of the retailer and SPO organization.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of retail, ecommerce, marketplace trends and leverage insights on behalf of retailers and SPO
- Provide input to drive process improvements in all areas of retailer engagement, onboarding and ongoing SPO activities.
- Prepare and present monthly/quarterly/seasonal business reviews
- Drive overall growth and potential of SPO and retailers
- Focus on a specific portfolio of retailers
- 5 years of experience with a proven track record of identifying and executing long term external partnerships
- Proven experience with all aspects of the partnership cycle (identification, negotiation, and ongoing management)
- A high level thinker combined with a relentless focus on execution and meeting deliverables.
- Proven ability to sell in complex solutions, navigate organizations, and lead meetings/quarterly business reviews effectively and efficiently
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and relationship-building skills; able to engage with all levels of an organization
- Is proactive with strong organizational skills, Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitask and to prioritize initiatives appropriately according to company goals
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills balanced with intuition and qualitative thinking.
- Ability to identify, meet, and build relationships with key stakeholders at companies.
- An exceptional understanding of the retail, fashion, apparel, marketplace and ecommerce industries
- An active network of business contacts, particularly in the retail, marketplace, affiliate space and the ability to leverage those contacts to facilitate partnership opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to travel overnight up to 50% if necessary