Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
The Partner Sales Director's (PSD) chief responsibility is to lead a successful team of Partner salespeople to accelerate Equinix’s bookings growth through and with Partners. Within the framework of Equinix selling practices, the role will primarily drive optimization and activation of a prioritized partner base, while on occasion accelerating the development of new partners deemed integral to Equinix’s pursuit of end customer enterprises. The PSD will frequently engage externally with peers at Partners managed by her/his team, helping establish deeper, multi-level relationships with priority partners. The PSD will manage partner sellers based in the Central with national responsibility for assigned partners, and coach to increase partner production nationwide. The PSD will also be accountable for balancing those national activities with regionally-focused efforts that beget consistent growth in partner sales for the Central Region, irrespective of partner headquarters location. The PSD will act as an adjunct member of the Central Field Sales Leadership team, regularly engaging with peer Central Field Sales Directors.
The ideal candidate will have proven success leading a channel sales team as overlay to a geographically dispersed group of Field Sellers, and managing a wide variety of partner types.
- Exceed quarterly and annual partner bookings quota, new logo objectives, goals for partner-connected sales, targets for partner deal registrations.
- Coach each direct report to achieve their personal quarterly and annual bookings quota, new logo objectives, targets for partner deal registrations and quarterly MBOs.
- Foster a culture of #inserviceto three constituencies: our Partners, our Field Sales teams and our shared end customers.
- Work closely with Partner Programs, Partner Marketing, Partner Enablement, Global Solutions Architects, Systems Engineers, and Customer Service Managers in a fast-paced, still-evolving, cross-functional team environment to deliver a superior experience to our Partners.
- Contribute insights to Equinix channel sales policy development and process improvements.
- Establish direct contact with priority Partners at mid and senior levels, demonstrating strong sales and marketing skills in those interactions.
- Assisting team in maximizing partner-Equinix Joint Account Mapping to beget increased deal registrations and fill partner-connected sales funnel for Americas Field & Corporate Sales.
- Strategize with Regional Sales Leadership how to maximize Partner - Equinix Field Sales Leader alignment and oversee implementation of that plan for the Central Field Sales Leadership.
- Become the primary channel liaison for Central Field Sales Directors, instituting routine cadence to jointly monitor regional partner sales progress, resolve challenges, and manage escalations.
- Role model expertly articulating the business value of either reselling Equinix or selling with Equinix and ensure all direct reports are highly competent in delivering these messages.
- Ensure team is both educated on alliance-connected value propositions with Microsoft, Oracle, Amazon, NetApp, F5 and others, and routinely seeking out leverage and synergies with these influencers in their reseller partner interactions.
- Monitor SalesForce.com partner-connected deal registrations and bookings, working closely with direct reports and Field Sales leadership to continuously update partner-connected deal status and forecast.
- Instill disciplined cadence of partner pipeline reviews and monthly governance calls with the Partner Development Managers and prioritized Partners.
- Interview, hire, train, and performance manage partner sales employees as required.
- Guide team to prioritize spends of time and dollars; approve travel and expenses for optimal use of company funds.
- Proactively seek out areas of improvement in Equinix’s Partner Sales efforts, map action plans to address, and enlist others as appropriate to achieve positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 10+ years of proven success in channel sales for technology, internet, network, data center, hyperscaler, or cloud-based products or services.
- 5+ years of sales management experience in high technology with particular depth in channel sales across multiple channel types.
- Proven track record of driving channel sales quota attainment across a team.
- Skilled in departmental management, performance management, and negotiation.
- Demonstrated success developing large global channel partners from the ground up.
- Superb written communication skills.
- Superior verbal communication skills. Ability to translate technology features into business benefits.
- Polished presentation skills to audiences large and small; highly articulate ambassador for Equinix Partner Sales.
- Strong initiative, organization and prioritization skills with the proven ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Flexible, innovative, and able to respond appropriately in a time-critical environment.
- Innate energy and passion for a role as advocate for Equinix’s channel sales journey.
- Talented cross-functional collaborator able to readily develop trusted relationships and rapport.
- Experience driving integrated solutions that bundle partner services to create joint offerings.
- Ability to creatively contribute to and coach employees on how to develop go-to-market plans to promote joint solution awareness among partner’s end user customer base.
- Proficient in MS Office products and strong knowledge of Salesforce.com expected.
- In-depth knowledge of the internet and telecommunications industry, cloud, financial services and digital content/media.
- Able to travel as required.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.