Based, in Windsor, CT, the Sales Director, Personal Lines Direct Sales will report to the Head of Personal Lines Direct Sales and will be responsible for sales and operational management of Sales Center Teams. The Sales Director will manage a staff of 8-10 Sales Managers and a total organization of ~100 employees.
- The execution of results-focused initiatives that contribute to exceeding customer expectations, financial quality, work processes/production, sales experience productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Sales experience, talent management, and expense management within their teams.
- Developing and implementing effective communications to promote an environment of openness, trust and transparency, influence employee engagement and build organizational commitment to business objectives and goals
- Building and sustaining an environment which actively supports talent development. Actively coaching, developing and influencing sales managers to drive performance of the organization.
- The achievement of sales performance results through the sustainment of The Hartford Way mechanisms and behaviors.
- New business acquisition, setting expectations appropriately to support customer retention and consistent execution of business processes.
- Leading or supporting projects initiated by Personal Lines Direct Sales.
- Achieving performance standards by setting the agenda, selling the vision and building a high performing team through The Hartford Way.
- Partnering with Underwriting to drive integrity based sales and positive sales experience for customers
- Maintaining an inclusive work environment that embraces diversity of skills and backgrounds to maximize team performance.
- Understanding and leveraging key operational concepts to influence change – outlier analysis, variation reduction, etc.
- Makes valuable contributions to process improvement projects
- 10 years insurance and/or financial services experience; 6-8 years managerial experience in people and sales leadership required
- Strong sales experience with a focus on a consultative selling approach
- Comfortable with various sales reporting and analytics tools, including AIM, Verint, and Tableau
- Experience managing diverse functional work teams
- Track record of leadership; ability to lead and manage change
- Demonstrates strategic thinking
- Strong business acumen; demonstrates sound business judgment and decision making
- Professional demeanor; executive presence
- Engages the workforce; builds a talented team; promotes a high-performance culture; coaches and develops people
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of industry best practices and is able to identify line of business leverage opportunities
- Able to establish and maintain key business partnerships outside of area of influence to identify, prioritize and implement changes to improve the overall customer experience (e.g., within product, marketing, learning, etc.)
- Demonstrates deep and broad understanding of customer needs; turns abstract concepts into concrete actions
- B.A. or B.S. required.
- Deliver Outcomes – Drive exceptional performance to move the company forward.
- Work as a Team – Collaborate inclusively to achieve the best results.
- Build Strong Partnerships – Create lasting value through trusted relationships.
- Strive for Excellence – Always look for ways to continuously improve.
Job Serv Executive Management
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Windsor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Posting:Feb 19, 2019, 3:05:34 PM
Remote Worker Option:No