Director of Pharmacy Fulfillment Operations is responsible for site-level home delivery pharmacy operations including complete oversight of dispensing and warehouse teams, while partnering closely with various functions that support pharmacy operations including Supply Chain, Front-End Operations, Customer Service, Automation/Engineering/Maintenance, Consumer Strategy, Quality, Product, Finance, Human Capital, Client Management, and Enabling Services.
This position is responsible for day-to-day operations that comply with all regulatory and compliance standards, meets business demands and financial objectives, aligned with UHG’s cultural values, Optum’s mission, and delivers on a superior consumer experience. This position will provide strategic and tactical direction and leadership for pharmacy and warehouse operations, accountable for execution of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and compliance/regulatory requirements as defined by internal standards and external organizations, apply accountability standards based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), implement change to continuously improve performance and increase workflow efficiencies, and accountable for delivering on performance and financial objectives. This position will provide coaching, mentoring and support in the development of staff and recognize individual and team success that result in a high-level of team engagement and commitment.
- Work closely with VP Fulfillment Field Operations in setting operational, business, and financial objectives for site-level pharmacy operations defined by existing and evolving operational, growth, and financial plans.
- Conduct regular business reviews with pharmacy and warehouse teams to monitor performance, progress, and achievement of business and financial objectives.
- Work with field leadership, Director of Fulfillment Operations Support, Supply Chain, Engineering, Loss Prevention, and Quality teams to ensure processes are established to problem-solve issues and ensure ongoing continuous improvement.
- Partner with Quality Team to ensure quality and safety programs/processes adherence to ensure quality standards are achieved, and safety policies are complied with.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance requirements are adhered to through regular process review, inspection, and audits working closely with the Pharmacist-In-Charge (PIC), Pharmacy Practice, Compliance, Human Capital, and Legal.
- Collaborate across HD/Specialty organizations to recommend and implement operational changes/enhancements to improve member experience and HD/Specialty NPS.
- Partner with the Supply Chain organization to support in-stock and inventory positioning, and fulfillment, logistics, shipping, and carrier/vendor capabilities and performance.
- Foster a team environment that sets high standards of operations and performance, engages and inspires others to perform at their best, rigorously identifies and develops key individuals with the critical capabilities needed by the organization.
- Ensure inventory control processes/measures are maintained for all products within the pharmacy fulfillment centers including inbound receiving, proper putaway and storage, tracking and tracing, cycle counting, packing, outbound shipping, damages, resends, return and disposal.
- Lead, model, and influence behaviors that support UHG’s cultural values, employee engagement, teamwork and collaboration, diversity and inclusion, and doing your life’s best work SM
- Partner with Human Capital on employee issues/concerns, consistent application and adherence of policies, hiring, talent planning, promotions, corrective action, termination, IDRs, and other employee relations.
- Engage and interact with pharmacy leadership and employees and regularly facilitate communication to measure employee engagement and satisfaction.
- Represent Pharmacy Operations on client-facing and member issues.
- Lead the adoption and utilization of technology solutions/applications including Distributive Order Management System (DOMS), Warehouse Management System (WMS), Pharmacy Control System (PCS), and Transportation Management System (TMS) to improve productivity, efficiency, and throughput, streamline fulfillment/distribution processes, manage and balance workflow, and optimize speed and cost of shipping.
- Work with field leaders to identify issues with existing best practices, standard operating procedures (SOPs) to determine resolution and ensure standardization across network.
- Collaborate with Front-End Ops as One Team to effectively and efficiently process all scripts within Turn-Around-Time (TAT) standards, and identify any issues that may impact the consumer experience.
- Monitor and communicate monthly progress and quarterly results of employee incentive programs
- Ensure all daily huddle and monthly 1:1s with team members are executed to promote consistent communication and performance feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctorate of Pharmacy
- Active, unrestricted Pharmacist license in the state of Washington
- Ability to obtain additional state Pharmacist licenses, as required
- 5+ years of experience leading / managing staff in fulfillment, distribution, manufacturing and / or pharmacy operations
- Knowledge, skills and abilities: Influencing skills, strategy, good communication/collaboration with multiple level partners, numerical reasoning, understanding of data and business intelligence functions, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to convey a passion for our mission to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health system work better for everyone
- Analytical experience and skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Experience leading a large operation/staff (100+)
- Experience leading in a highly regulated industry
- Certifications: Six Sigma Black or Green Belt
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.