The Practice Development Consultant will lead and manage a region and/or assigned territory across Penn Mutual’s Career Agency System (CAS) and Independence Financial Network (IFN) responsible for building and installing practice development programs that will drive adviser productivity, growth and retention. With a strong understanding of field operations and dynamics and advanced practice management principles, this role will deliver a value proposition that provides enhanced support to advisers, team-based practices and field leadership. The Practice Development Consultant will provide thought leadership and coaching of adviser practices advising them on Penn Mutual and HTK’s vast array of services, business growth strategies and practice transition (continuity, succession and practice acquisition) planning support. This role can work remotely.
- Serve as a consultant and coach to our network of advisers, helping them thrive in their businesses and plan continuity through succession planning.
- Engage with advisers to enhance relationships and simultaneously address their business strategy, planning and development needs, including creating plans to take advantage of all that Penn Mutual and HTK have to offer.
- Drive and enhance team and field leadership expertise through thought leadership and the implementation of industry best practices.
- Identify and develop strategies that help advisers make greater use of Penn Mutual and HTK’s offerings such as technology, marketing programs, life insurance and investment advisory products and business planning initiatives.
- Further the company’s efforts to solidify a business continuity process for all field partners and help educate the field on steps to take to ensure their practice continues beyond their own participation.
- Conduct field classes, workshops and one-on-one training in field offices.
- Conduct regular sessions on practice development and institute follow-up processes.
- Perform various other related activities and special projects as required in meeting department and/or corporate objectives.
- Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Ability to travel extensively (50%+)
- Ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment
- An understanding of the financial services industry, the insurance and broker/dealer business, and general business management issues
- Proactive, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and work independently
- Strategic planning skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening and follow-up skills
- Excellent formal presentation skills
- Adept at building relationships
- Ability to influence others to change and adapt
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Prior sales/field management experience strongly preferred
- 8+ years of experience as a field leader, consultant or business coach to financial advisers
- Coaching certification/degree a plus or strongly preferred
- BA required, MBA or equivalent preferred
- Professional Designations (such as CLU, CFA, ChFC) a plus
- FINRA securities registrations desirable
Salary Level = 23
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
For Leadership roles within Penn Mutual, we believe the below characteristics are essential:
Execution Focused—Gets it done. Drives progress and results towards strategic objectives.
Strategic–Sees the big picture. Challenges boundaries, takes risks and innovates to execute and advance Penn Mutual’s strategy.
Authentic–Keeps it real. Is principled, transparent, trustworthy and accountable.
Decisive – Makes the call. Demonstrates courage, confidence and a bias for action.
Empowering – Develops people. Sets clear expectations, delegates effectively and encourages risk taking.
Influential – Sets the tone. Inspires, motivates and persuades others through their decisions and actions.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.