Go behind the scenes in Spok's Eden Prairie, MN office by watching this video: Transforming an Industry. You'll learn about the solutions Spok develops, and why collaborating to build them means so much to our employees. You'll also get a feel for our company culture of collaboration, and the underlying beliefs, values, and people that make Spok a great place to work.
As a Director of Product Strategy, you will use your clinical, healthcare IT, and business background to drive expansion of the product strategy for Spok’s Care Connect Platform. This position will report to the VP of Product Strategy and be largely focused on investigation, research, and business case creation. You will collect and interpret data to create business cases for strategic product development and investment. You’ll forecast trends within the healthcare marketplace to align Spok’s business strategy based on your predictions.
You will work closely with customers, the Product Management Team, Marketing, Clinical SME’s, sales, and the other Spok team members to assess and communicate your product strategy. A successful candidate puts the customer first in everything, is highly organized, able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, and adept at synthesizing information and clearly communicating a product vision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop product/initiative business cases that ensure that the organization is working on the highest value work to deliver on financial targets
- Define and develop a data-driven (workflow analysis, market segmentation, competitive analysis, customer persona identification) business growth strategy
- Support the VP of Product Strategy to drive annual long range planning activities
- Synthesizes competitive information and competitor and product positions to form insightful observations that the business can use to create a competitive advantage
- Summarize market dynamics and competitive analysis semi-annually for Spok leadership
- Packaging and pricing models and compelling field marketing deliverables to drive positive and meaningful business growth, including ROI analysis
- Analytical problem solver; able to understand interdependencies of business functions and impacts of decisions
- Identify high priority clinical solutions and work cross functionally to drive new product introduction.
- Work with Channel team to establish new partnership opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with quality systems, regulatory requirements, and change control process.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and Australia. Exercise deep healthcare industry expertise to assess and develop market opportunities.
- Attend industry conferences and trade shows
- Travel: up to 30%
- Other duties as assigned
The Director of Product Strategy must possess a senior level blend of business acumen, strategy development skills, product management, project management and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality.
- High accountability mindset. Take ownership of both the wins and the losses, and take action to get more of the former
- Requires minimal supervision
- Achieves personal and departmental production goals
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A Bachelor's of Science (BS), Bachelor's in Nursing, or equivalent degree with relevant work experience is MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in the healthcare industry.
- Experience with clinical or patient-facing solutions.
- Experience with clinical workflows
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- 5+ years of experience and proven success in translating business strategy and analysis into successful products
- 5+ years of Product Management or Development in the healthcare industry
- Must have broad and deep understanding of the healthcare market with solid understanding hospital service lines and clinical perspectives.
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills required, along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills, ability to analyze complex financial information, strong analytical skills, and the ability to use various product development and management software packages
- Must be willing to become a role model of Company's values: Integrity, Accountability, Collaboration and Innovation and to promote those values business wide.
- Capable of embracing unexpected change in direction or priority.