At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This individual is responsible for the product strategy, operations and P&L for the Discover it Miles card and other cashback products, both existing and new. They will lead initiatives to define value of features, link to business results, and define the three-year roadmap. They will ensures operational excellence, competitive advantage, consumer appeal, awareness, and relevance of product with ongoing enhancements; driving awareness and engagement metrics.
In addition, they will work with a large cross functional group of partners, including Brand, Consumer Insights, Creative agencies, Customer service, Finance, Analytics, Technology and external Partners to define, develop and implement these features and monitor customer experience, feedback and impact to growth metrics.
- Defines and delivers end-to-end user experience for product features across all customer touch points. Reviews consumer needs and feedback and leverages new technologies and capabilities to enhance experience.
- Develops necessary controls, policies, procedures, business rules, and reports to ensure that product promises are delivered. Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective actions to meet marketing objectives and requirements.
- Coaches and leads employees responsible for individual products. Provide feedback and direction on both product strategies and leadership behaviors.
- Defines value driven by features, based on understanding the impact of engagement on business metrics across the card business, works with cross-functional partners and value streams to define value and actions and initiatives required to deliver and measure said value.
- Manages and enhances product construct, design, pricing, and marketing strategies. Drives product enhancements based on consumer insights and competitive intelligence.
- Ensures all regulator, legal, compliance, and consent order requirements are met. Partners with Legal and Compliance teams regarding future regulations and related business impacts. Serves as company-insurance licensed employee required for product sales.
- Manages the profit and loss for assigned products
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering, Arts, Sciences, or related field
- 10 years of experience in general business, or related field
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- Master's Degree in Business, Marketing, or related field
- 8 years of experience in financial services industry, product strategy, customer experience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.