The Project Controls Director will support our Northwest and Canada Divisions covering projects in Northern California, Washington State, and Canada. This job is flexible to work in either of these markets. The Project Controls Director manages project controls program and activities, including prime contract management, scheduling, cost control and contract change management for one Division of the Company.
What you will be doing
- Reviews and analyzes contract management records to provide technical advice or project control guidance.
- Oversees contract and change management activities to ensure minor project claims are resolved prior to project close. Supports post-close claims mitigation as needed.
- Oversees scheduling process and support for Division and Mega Projects within the Division, including bid phase and project schedule creation, monthly reporting and schedule update,.
- Supports integration of Company systems to track, monitor and control costs or schedule. Ensures accurate training and utilization of approved systems for project document control and reporting.
- Reviews, analyzes and assists project teams with reconciliation of project cost to ensure accuracy of project cost reporting
- Identifies Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor project performance for early identification of potential issues.
- Oversees tracking activities around unsecured revenue and project contingencies.
- Oversees tracking of over/under billing to monitor and control project cash flow.
- Develops Division level Project Controls reporting for submission to Corporate and interacts with Division and District Leadership to review and present reports.
- Maintains knowledge of Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required.
- 10+ years’ experience in construction engineering, project management or project controls required.
- Experience managing project controls activities for a complex or Mega Project required.
- Experience in claims resolution with legal counsel support required.
- Knowledge of construction contract agreements and change order processes required.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, including construction accounting, required.
- Proven leadership and influential skills. Able to effectively work and communicate with all levels of the company.
- Able to identify cost reduction strategies in schedule, quantities or contract specifications that align with project budget and design specification requirements.
- Delegation and communication skills required. Able to develop or refine a company-wide program and clearly communicate expectations and business value to all levels of the business.
- Ability to lead teams and ensure a high level of moral and commraderie.
- Able to present individual and Company brand at local, national and international conferences and industry memberships.
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee are:
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off program
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial Medical
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.