Seeking a challenging, yet rewarding, career in the satellite industry? Want to join a winning team of satellite professionals committed to helping the U.S. government and U.S. military meet their communications needs? Then SES Government Solutions is the place you want to be! Let us help you grow in your professional development while you help our team win contracts with your knowledge and experience.
SES Government Solutions (SESGS) is an independent corporation and wholly owned subsidiary of SES SA.
Leveraging a 30-year heritage of experience in the government SATCOM market, we offer comprehensive satellite-based communications solutions that enable federal agencies, using secure broadband communications, to fulfill both routine and mission-critical requirements.
With access to a fleet of over71 satellites, our full range of satellite services and end-to-end solutions allows for secure, reliable communications and comprehensive global coverage.
Our reputation for operational excellence and highly reliable network solutions has been validated by long-term relationships with diverse government customers including DoD, U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, State Department, Department of Commerce/NOAA, Department of Justice, Department of the Interior, Department of Transportation, Intelligence Community and other civilian and defense-related agencies.
Director, Proposal Engineering
You will provide end-to-end technical solutions for all Company satellite Communications proposals. You will be an integral member of the Government Sales team providing strong technical support in developing and implementing technical solutions for customer’s service requirements and RF spectrum recommendations to SES. You will also write white papers for existing and evolving technologies as well as participate and develop technical strategies for the company.
- Leads the engineering solution efforts for all Company proposals, primarily satellite-based but also including end-to-end solutions and supporting future business development activities
- Leads the engineering effort for RFI and RFP writing assignments
- Performs analysis and technical due diligence of customer requirements, optimizes systems design, equipment recommendation and customer presentations
- Develops white papers describing present and future satellite-based technology which advance SES GS exposure within the industry
- Participates and assists the Corporate Development team in the generation of the company-based long-term strategy and assist in presentations, as required to the company’s senior management
- Coordinates with Government customers, engineering operations and asset management groups for the resolution of operational problems and satellite interference complaints
- Experienced in optimizing link budget analysis to gain efficiencies in spectrum use
- Recommends and manages test process and evaluates system for acceptance and consequent registration of customer’s earth station antennas in compliance with SES GS technical standards
- Tracks/understands industry related products/new technologies including satellite modems and satellite network applications developing an understanding of their use in SES GS services
- To be successful in this role you will have a background in the satellite communications field.
- You will have extensive engineering design knowledge with RF Systems, SATCOM System Design/Implementation, Modulation Schemes, encoding and basic VSAT Network Design using TDMA and Spread Spectrum technology, terrestrial and cell-based networks.
Furthermore, your qualifications should be:
- Eligible for US Government Secret Security Clearance
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or 15 years satellite engineering experience
- Strong technical proposal writing skills and understanding of the Foreign Acquisition Regulations
- Strong background in Government Satellite Communications
- Manages link budget analysis
- Proven ability to author white papers on present and evolving technologies
- Experienced visionary in developing technical strategy/solutions to customer needs
- Strong knowledge in satellite transmission plans and link optimization
- Strong Radio Frequency knowledge with emphasis in C and Ku Bands
- Knowledge of data IP networks and state-of-the-art satellite platforms
- Strong knowledge of VSAT network products and systems
- Experienced in preparing block and circuit diagrams with Microsoft Visio
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and sales proposal preparation skills
- Ability to present strategy and technology to senior levels of Government customers
- Knowledge in problem resolution and recommending troubleshooting and testing steps
We offer you:
Competitive pay, annual bonus, Company stock shares
Medical, dental, vision, HSA, FSA, wellness program – eligible first day of work
6% 401K match – vested on day one
25 vacation days per year, 10 sick days, 5 bereavement days, unlimited jury duty
Company paid Short and Long-Term Disability
Company paid life insurance and AD&D
10 Federal holidays
Many training opportunities – including paid college and industry specific training
Fitness Coach and access to gym at the Reston facility
Telecommuting one day a week from home
By joining our team, you not only support the U.S. Government, you will support the war fighter in the field by helping them exceed at their mission - to protect our country!
SES GS and its Affiliated Companies are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law. In conformity with U.S. Government technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and/or other applicable U.S. law, regulation or other requirements imposed by the U.S. Government, certain positions may require U.S. Citizenship, status as a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or a “protected individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligibility to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State or U.S. Department of Commerce.