We are looking for salespeople who are sharp, creative, and hardworking with an unwavering desire to be the best.
Traditional security companies are becoming less relevant as cloud adoption and digital transformation become the norm in every market industry and in every market segmentation. Zscaler has been a leader in Gartner’s MQ for 9 consecutive years and has helped shape the emerging SASE category (a true category creator). We are well positioned to dominate this massively growing cloud security market.
The Zscaler Sales Culture
Winning Technology and Products – We offer the best technology and products for the cloud first world. We pioneered cloud security and continue to grow our 20B + TAM by releasing new products every year.
Investing in People – A well-funded and world-class Sales Strategy and Enablement Team to help you succeed. Sales process, practical methods and training to help you ramp faster and close larger deals as companies accelerate their move to the cloud.
Supportive Leadership – An industry leading leadership team with strong values, off the chart business acumen that well help you succeed quickly, while providing mentorship and career growth.
Competitive; We Play to Win – We are playing in a Rapidly growing TAM and huge market mega-shifts that leads directly to Zscaler; tracking a growth path similar to Salesforce, Workday, & ServiceNow.
Position: Regional Sales Director - Public Sector/SLED - East
Location: East Region
The Regional Sales Director - Public Sector/SLED - East will report directly to the Area VP of Public Sector and focus on State, Local & Education (SLED) accounts in the region. You will take ownership of revenue generation, develop new opportunities, manage pipeline, build & execute account strategies, close large enterprise-level deals, and lead customer expansion for our award-winning Cloud based Security as a Service Platform.
Our Public Sector/SLED team are hybrid Sales Account Reps have the versatility and knowledge base to address both Enterprise and Large Enterprise customers, typically ranging from 2,000 to 50,000 users. Success depends upon your ability to understand a wide variety of business challenges and use cases in both large and small organizations. A solid track record of 5+ years selling complex enterprise solutions is needed.
If you have a consistent track record of success and possess the intelligence and aptitude to position the benefits of an enterprise grade groundbreaking platform, as well as the critical thinking to drive a complex enterprise sales process, within a 2.0 business model - then please keep reading.
Your path for success – our expectations of you within first 30/60 Days:
- Identify, research and formalize a comprehensive territory strategy using all of the resources provided you, which include: field marketing, inside lead/demand generation, channel/partner alliance teams
- Familiarize yourself with Zscaler’s services and messaging and understand how we do things.
- Establish and develop a strategy for creating demand within your named accounts or assigned territory.
Your path for success – our expectations of you within first 90 Days:
- Drive complex sales-cycles which include our entire portfolio of services and present to Director, VP, and C-level executives.
- Work effectively with senior management and corporate counsel, negotiate contracts and provide all follow-up to deliver signed contracts
- Document daily sales activities in Salesforce, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
- Master Zscaler’s messaging and competently present our proposition to your team.
- Develop your pipeline through a combination of cold calling, targeted account marketing, targeted account events, email campaigns, market sector knowledge/intelligence and by working closely with our channel partners on account mapping.
- Collaborate with Marketing to develop and/or execute in-territory or vertically-focused field marketing campaigns to drive awareness and lead generation
- Deliver quarterly business reports to Sales Leadership on the health and engagement status of the territory, target verticals, solution requirements, key competitors, etc.
What we expect from you:
- Our strong preference is a validated successful background in selling either Internet and Security technologies such as SWG, Sandboxing, FireWall, DLP, and VPNs or Network transformation technologies such as MPLS, SD-WAN or WAN Optimization. Alternatively, we would consider someone with a successful track record in Enterprise SaaS sales.
- You have a working knowledge of web based security and network infrastructure, Security Proxies, such as NGFW, SSL/IPSec VPNs, and Firewalls.
- You are a proven solution seller with a strong track record of consistent Enterprise sales over achievement with customers of over 2000 users.
- You have worked with ISP & Reseller Channel partners and have a deep understanding of a channel centric go to market approach.
- You demonstrate different influencing styles as appropriate to a situation, while demonstrating a history of successfully building and maintaining trusting relationships with associates and customers.
- You are persistent, despite obstacles, opposition or setbacks and you will consistently convey a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure
- You will be able to travel frequently within your region
What you can expect from us:
- An environment where you are selling cutting edge technologies and architectures
- Dedicated and skilled technical support (Sales Engineers, Technical Architects, SMEs) to assist you with all technical pre-sales activities
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Follow us on Twitter @zscaler. Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ : ZS ) is available at http://www.zscaler.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.