The Director, Reproductive Health Marketing is responsible for developing and managing the marketing strategy and activities for Illumina’s portfolio in reproductive health. This role will include building long-term and short-term marketing strategies and plans with prioritized tactics to drive demand. The role will require global coordination and requires deep understanding of regional differences and healthcare systems. The individual in this role will manage a team of product managers and product marketers with a responsibility to lead the efforts in Reproductive Health. The role will include working cross functionally with different stakeholders internally to ensure that strategies are aligned with senior leadership and drive execution of plans in-step with other programs.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of marketing professionals responsible for both upstream and downstream marketing. Actively manage, develop and mentor to ensure their professional development and progression
- Develops strategic plan for the Reproductive Health market with key focus in NIPT
- Influence across functions to drive the Reproductive Health business. Oversee market modeling, forecasting, S&OP process, pricing and promotions.
- Responsible to drive NIPT growth and meet key revenue targets. Expected to track and monitor the business and report on key metrics
- Liaison with Sales organization and support them in interactions with existing and new customers in the field
- Serve as product expert with ability to discuss technical parameters with key customers and partners
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual financial targets including revenue, gross margin, and departmental expense targets. Understand key business drivers and report monthly / quarterly to executive team.
- Build close relationships with key customers, thought leaders, and industry influencers to stay abreast of emerging market trends and regulatory guidance; leverage and communicate that information internally to best inform Illumina’s reproductive health product development, regulatory and market entry strategies
- Drive comprehensive marketing plan in NIPT including evidence development, creating a compelling story and promotional plan, reimbursement strategies, lab and HCP promotions, PR and communications plan
Preferred Educational Background
• Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Preferred Experiential Background
- Must have at least 15 years of clinical marketing experience with people management experience.
- Experience in the pregnancy screening market is highly desired
- Must have experience marketing to laboratories, health care providers and patients.
- Must have strong analytical skills and ability to tie detailed analysis to larger strategy;
- Must have demonstrated effective collaboration in matrixed or highly cross-functional business settings;
- Must have demonstrated track record of delivering effective and strategic marketing plans for products
- Experience with NGS markets and/or diagnostics product lines is strongly preferred
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf