The Director R&D – Oil and Gas will be responsible for providing the Americas oil and gas business with a state-of-art product development and application laboratory. This includes developing, analyzing, and optimizing next generation water soluble polymers that meet the specific characteristics of each oil and gas related project (EOR, fracking, drilling, production and completion, etc.) in coordination with our various partners (customer R&D centers, universities, private labs, chemical partners, etc.).
The Director R&D – Oil and Gas will report to the President, SNF Holding Company. Currently, reporting to the Director R&D – Oil and Gas will be three Project Managers and 6 Lab Chemists.
Functionally, the Director R&D – Oil and Gas will perform projects in coordination with SNF France and their R&D team, business development, sales, technical, and engineering. The specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead all activities of the lab in liaison with the key internal stakeholders (R&D, Sales, Business Development, and Engineering) from customer request phase to field implementation.
- Monomer selection
- Water soluble polymer synthesis and process optimization
- QC/QA testing on products
- Rheology in solution and in porous media
- API type of characterization testing and customer specific testing
- Iterative product improvement based on customer feedback
- Develop a team of lab chemists while enhancing the lab’s best practices in meeting oil & gas industry requirements.
- Build and deploy the lab referential documentation and methodologies to industry standards.
- Foster cross-fertilization initiatives at targeted universities and institutes involved in petroleum technology.
- Promote lab’s added value and benefits to customer with the guidance of Sales.
- Create unique links with R&D corporate centers of major E&P and services companies.
- Maintain continuous information and learning flow with the corporate R&D organization.
- Document and communicate performance data of SNF chemistries in SPE papers and presentations of use internally and with customers externally.
- Interface with customers to obtain insight into their technical needs and to identify opportunities to collaborate with them on new projects.
- Incorporate safe work procedures in all aspects of the job while maintaining a safe work environment in the lab.
- Define the intellectual property strategy associated with new technology development and ensure that new product and technology developments are unique in nature and patentable. Also provides assistance the preparation of patent applications.
- A Ph.D. in Polymer Chemistry.
- A minimum of seven to ten years successful and progressive experience in working in, operating, and supervising an application and R&D lab.
- Experience in up-stream petroleum industry required.
- Strong leadership skills with an orientation to team development and customer focus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in dealing with senior level management.
- Adaptable and flexible in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Days
- Sick Days
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Development & Training
Click Here To Apply