Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
Generic Position Summary
As a member of the professional staff, contributes a high level of specialized knowledge and skill in a discipline (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations Planning & Support, Sales & Marketing) area to support department and/or function objectives. Generally works with considerable independence, developing operating plans and related operational processes for own department in alignment with broader business objectives.
Specific Job Summary
The Insurance and Risk Management Department procures and manages MVW's risk management and insurance programs to protect the corporation, its employees and customers against various property, liability, financial and employment risks including insurance procurement, claims management and risk finance.
The Insurance team is responsible for designing, marketing and negotiating insurance terms. As a member of the Insurance team, the Director will have responsibility for the placement of specified global insurance policies and partnering with the VP, Insurance with the placement of the global property and casualty insurance program. As a member of the Risk Finance team, the Director will have responsibility for premium allocations, deductible loss funding (and possibly a captive), and business interruption claims. Such work will include partnering with risk management leadership, claims professionals, corporate and resort operations and brokers. In addition, the position will review insurance, indemnity and other related contract provisions in legal agreements to limit the corporation's exposure to loss and assure regulatory and contractual compliance.
Generic Expected Contributions
* Develops operating plans and workable business processes for own department in alignment with function strategy.
* Manages larger business processes and/or projects, setting priorities and measurable objectives, monitoring and reporting on the process, progress and results.
* Responds to, solves and makes decisions on business requests that have broader department impact and/or moderate risk. Presents alternative solutions to business issues by leveraging the broader organization.
* Responsible for own work and contributing to team, department and/or business results. May direct work of non-management staff. Typically influences work of cross-functional or extended teams.
* Assists more senior associates in achieving business results by:
- acting in a consultative fashion to implement programs impacting the broader organization.
- assisting in the development and communication of broader organizational goals.
- achieving results against budget within scope of responsibility.
- taking calculated risks to move the department or team forward.
- developing and using systems to organize and keep track of information.
- balancing the interests of own group with the interests of the organization.
- working with others to identify and remove barriers to success.
* Readily critiques own behavior to acknowledge mistakes and improve future leadership performance and acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
* Performs other duties as appropriate.
Specific Expected Contributions
* Partner with the VP, Insurance and brokers to set the renewal program strategy and objectives and place the various specifically identified insurance programs on an annual basis
* Provide leadership and direction for the management of various insurance program
* Develop criteria and guidelines for the underwriting of risks for program eligibility
* Assist with the negotiation of favorable coverage pricing and terms
* Effectively integrate new locations/businesses into programs
* Responsible for and partner with MVW finance, brokers and insurance team to develop premium allocations including managing the allocation models, invoices and binder reviews, charge-backs/deductible payments
* Manage the loss and actuarial analysis process including charge-backs and deductible allocations
* Responsible for managing insurance audits
* Manage the business interruption claim preparation for any property insurance claims
* Act as department subject matter expert for the development of insurance schedules including the business interruption schedules
* Educate, promote and attempt to convert legacy ILG business that are currently outside of MVW's insurance program
* Lead special projects as needed
* Stay current on other insurance programs which may be of benefit to the company and partner with insurance leadership on the evaluation of such products.
* Oversee development and operational insurance issues for the legacy ILG product lines include Vistana, VRI, TPI, and Hyatt including development agreements, management agreements and property level operations agreements.
* Manage high risk business case analysis for legacy ILG brands
* Responsible for the identification, evaluation, RPF process and implementation of a new Risk Management Database
* Performs other duties assigned to meet business demands
Generic Candidate Profile
Successful candidates should possess knowledge and experience and demonstrate strong leadership and relationship skills as follows:
Generally a professional position requiring significant knowledge and experience in one or more disciplines and/or business operations as well as associate and/or organizational management experience. College degree and/or relevant experience generally required.
Specific Candidate Profile
* B.S. Degree (in related discipline preferred)
* At least ten (10) years of corporate risk management experience, lodging or related industry preferred
* Demonstrated expertise with insurance placement of large and complex commercial insurance programs
* Experience with placement of foreign multinational operations a plus
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a collaborative work environment with senior management, owner representatives, brokers, peers and subordinates
* Ability to manage projects independently
* Demonstrated expertise with large and complex commercial insurance programs
* Preferred certifications
* ARM preferred and/or demonstrated commitment to ARM or CPCU course work
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled