Our goal at Elkay is to inspire everyday – customers, employees…and the employees of tomorrow. We focus on doing the right thing so we can be in business forever. Our values-driven culture emphasizes investing in people and treating them like part of the family. We’re financially-stable and privately-owned with a solid reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish and grow. Our people are proud to work for Elkay.
And the feeling is mutual – because it’s Elkay’s people who really give us our edge. We empower our employees to take the lead in delivering Elkay’s exceptional customer experience. Our commitment to our people and their professional development is a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today’s leading international suppliers of plumbing, water delivery and branded commercial interiors. If you’re ready for a new career challenge where everything you do will make a difference, talk to us about joining the Elkay family.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director of Sales Operations provides vision, strategic direction, and overall leadership to sales operations for the Plumbing domestic sales teams as they pertain to budgeting, sales forecasting, sales force effectiveness and productivity and business analytics. This includes sales planning, reporting, quota setting and management, process optimization, job design, training, program implementation, and sales compensation design and administration.
Specific duties include:
- Responsible for contributing to the achievement of overall revenue and profitability goals for this substantial segment of the US Plumbing business.
- Own pricing strategy and structure for the domestic sales team including MAP strategy, regional pricing, and margin analysis.
- Lead the Plumbing CRM implementation strategy (Salesforce) and lead go-forward enhancements.
- Manage the sales budgeting process – consolidating input from across the channels and providing direction based on greatest growth opportunities and best return on investment.
- Serve as the new product launch leader, ensuring that launch plans and ramp forecasts align with product management and the domestic sales team.
- Conduct point of sales analysis; providing insight as to what is successful within regions and customers and where alternative solutions need to be created to drive growth.
- Utilize data analysis to lead the sales forecasting element of S&OP – ensuring accurate forecasts down to product, region, and account level to better drive operations and supply chain.
- Accountable for leading the sales operations, sales support, and customer support functions and teams including planning, coaching, recruiting, selection, development and mentoring.
- Partner with the sales management team to evaluate sales process quality, prioritize opportunities for improvement, and optimize the effectiveness of the organization’s technology investments.
- Drive implementation of initiatives impacting the sales organization.
- Accountable for accurate, on-time, and efficient distribution process for sales reports and other intelligence tools.
- Lead support staff including but not limited to, Pricing Manager, sales administrative support, field service network, and analytical team.
- Design sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy and align with business objectives.
- Participate in identifying critical market segments through market research and competitor analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 10+ years of overall experience in a business environment essential.
- 5+ years of overall experience working in a sales operations leadership function or business analytics leadership capacity required.
- 5+ years of experience managing and leading a team a must.
- Experience in a manufacturing company that sells through multiple channels preferred.
- Demonstrated success implementing and utilizing a global CRM tool and being the champion for the use and adoption of the system and data a must.
- Advanced PC skills with Microsoft Office with emphasis on Microsoft Excel and Access a must.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time required.
- Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills a must.
- Must possess the personal charisma and leadership skills to successfully lead and develop employees.
- Ability to flex between tactical execution and strategic implementation essential.
- Relentless positive attitude and willingness to help also essential.