The Director of Planning will oversee the day-to-day operational management of key areas of responsibility to include:
Sales & Operations Planning
- Demand Planning
- Supply Planning
- CI & S&OP Projects
- People Management
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of forecast, demand, supply and deployment planning as well as supply chain principles and practices.
• Proven track record in both developing and leading a Sales and Operations Planning Process.
• Knowledge of process improvement, including Lean Processing or Six Sigma training and project management best practices.
• Excellent knowledge of SAP Advances Planning & Optimization (APO) module
• Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (SAP SCM or MAS) and Warehouse Management System.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word.
• Ability to analyze problems and develop solutions.
• Ability to demonstrate people management and positively influence the performance of others to achieve desired results through motivation, clear direction, active communication and coaching.
• Leadership and influencing skills. Can positively cultivate and influence relationships with managers and employees through the company.
• Ability to establish credibility quickly with both internal and external constituents and is perceived as a leader.
• Superior communication skills - orally and in writing..
• Effective organization and time management capabilities. An individual adept at managing multiple initiatives and able to set priorities, and efficiently perform responsibilities.
• Ability to prepare and deliver presentation data. Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Strong organization and project management skills.
• Bachelor's Degree (Master's Degree a plus), preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Economics or Operations Management.
• 10+ years of supply chain planning, forecasting, production scheduling, inventory deployment, supply chain network design and project management experience.
• 5+ years of people management experience.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Word.
• Experience in dealing with FDA, USDA and Customs agency is a plus.