Why a Great Opportunity
Sales & sales leadership opportunity in expanding operation -- company on Inc. magazine's list of fastest-growing companies. Work closely with forward-thinking CEO. Build out sales team, set strategy.
Director, Sales (Player/Coach)
Richmond, VA (or remote)
Requires: 3+ years of proven sales management, in addition to 5+ years of experience selling fintech/SaaS into the wealth management market (IBD, independent RIAs). Seeking a transformational leader to expand sales team and market share.
A fast-growing, nationally recognized fintech company seeks a Director/Head of Sales to drive sales and advisor adoption of the company’s platform in the marketplace. The primary purpose of this position is to build a sales team that engages advisors and their firms, allowing them to connect with sponsors and their offerings through the company’s technology and services.
The head of sales reports to the CEO and manages a group of four associates with the intention to expand to an eight-person team over the next 12-18 months. This individual will carry their own quota and be directly accountable for individual results as well as the overall team quota. In addition to managing sales, you will work with the Leadership team to help drive the company’s transformation to an SaaS-enabled marketplace business model.
The role requires significant travel, 50-75%, including at least 1 week per month in the home office. The position can be based in a remote office.
- As the leader of the sales team hire, coach, and develop individual team members to achieve personal and team success
- As a salesperson, meet your individual goals
- Establish the go-to-market, territory plans and sales enablement tools to ensure achievement of annual sales goals
- Manage the overall sales pipeline, continuously improving win-rates and sales / revenue forecasting while shortening sales cycle
- As a member of the leadership team, participate in weekly, quarterly, and annual team meetings designed to set goals, discuss challenges and opportunities, learn from successes and failures, and communicate across teams
- Act as a thought leader and speaker, representing the company at industry events - communicating our vision to new and existing clients
- Set and manage the sales team budget and other resources required to achieve the sales quota
- Achieve the sales quota in a manner consistent with client retention & expansion, brand reputation, and gross margin goals of the whole company
- Develop strong partnerships with 1) Marketing to help develop and execute go-to-market strategies, 2) Product to communicate features, functions, and priorities internally and externally, 3) Client Services to promote collaboration that results in client satisfaction
- 5-8 years of proven SaaS sales experience with at least 3 years in a sales management / leadership role carrying a multimillion-dollar annual sales quota (demonstrated track record)
- 5 years selling FinTech / SaaS into the Wealth Management market – ideally to the IBD and independent RIA community
- Successful architect of a multi-channel SaaS sales organization. Proven success building high-performing sales teams.
- Ability to work as a transformational leader in a fast paced, growing, and changing work environment
- Enterprise sales success into the C-Suite of the Wealth Management market. Ideally, fintech/SaaS into the IBD and independent RIA market
- A consultative sales approach that starts each buying engagement with the intent to help clients achieve their goals
- Familiarity with the market dynamics related to the distribution of retail alternative investments by Sponsors through BD/RIA firms
- Understanding of the role of the key service providers (T/A, Custodian, DTCC, etc.) to Sponsor and Advisors
- FINRA Series 7 license required to be eligible for securities transaction-based compensation
- Strategic thinker who can see the big picture and execute with a sense of urgency
- Collaborative, team player; active listener