Director, Sales - U.S. Retail Collaboration - 54864
Client Services and Sales - USA Chicago, Illinois
Have you ever walked down an aisle in your local retailer and wondered why your favorite beverage or food product moved? At Nielsen, we work with U.S. retailers like Walmart, Sam’s & many others to help them understand their consumers, and to optimize their business down every aisle. In fact, our Nielsen Retail Team works face-to-face with major retail players and use Nielsen solutions to help answer questions such as finding the right assortment and guiding pricing strategies. With the partnership of manufacturer & retailer being of utmost importance, Nielsen has added a new division that helps support even greater collaborative efforts for both parties; Retail Collaboration. Through collaborative platforms designed in partnership with the retailer, we pair Nielsen measurement data alongside their KPIs to serve up a platform designed to intrinsically diagnose & provide solutions to support growth for both the retailer & manufacturer.
As a Director of Sales, you’ll be responsible for sales & leadership over activities for assigned clients/opportunities supporting our Retail Collaboration platforms. Sales activities will include identifying new opportunities, preparing materials & conducting client sales meetings, managing next steps for opportunities, supporting closure of sales, timing of deals. Leadership activities will include responsibility of coaching & developing associates within opportunity generation, lead qualification, sales call planning & deal negotiation. The Director will report into the VP of Sales & will be responsible for the execution & achievement of sales plans established for their respective team.
As a Director you will be responsible for:
- Development & execution of a Sales Plan for assigned clients/sales target
- Achieving the teams’ sales target by managing disciplined action plan for opportunities you support
- Supporting the team on updating opportunities to have current status of opportunity pipeline
- Conducting an assessment of team’s opportunities to recommend prioritized list of high impact opportunities
- Conducting an assessment of wins/losses and provide a recommendation on how to adjust selling approach
- Partnership with marketing to ensure sales materials are maintained & relevant to all retail platforms
- Maintaining an understanding of client stakeholders and building client relationships with key players
- Working in close partnership with our Onboarding / Training & Value Creation teams to ensure new & existing clients are adequately trained & leveraging appropriate support mechanisms to ensure strong use of their subscription of collaboration products and services
- Transferring client feedback and market desires to product teams in support of solution enhancements
- Monitoring client contracts to ensure correct and timely delivery of services and contract renewal timelines
- Full understanding of Nielsen portfolio and inter-connectivity of different solutions & collaboration assets including, but not limited to, Walmart One Version of Truth, Walmart Retail Beats, Sam’s Club MADRiD and Walmart Clustering
- Working collaboratively with Client Headquarter teams & Retail teams to ensure all work is connected to client business issues, is delivered on-time, and focused on outcomes
- Ongoing financial oversight & reporting into leadership & respective Retail teams
- Strong track record of meeting or exceeding $30M+ in annual portfolio. This would include direct selling to clients & leadership of the sales team in support of established annual number.
- Proven and quantifiable overachievement of revenue, sales and profitability objectives; strong pipeline management skills with a track record of predictability and consistency
- Proficient with financial & contractual management
- Proven skills managing selling cycles from four week to six months in duration
- Demonstrable understanding of the Challenger Sales Model
- Consultative selling with experience across data-driven solutions
- Skilled & polished communicator, including client presentations
- Strong people leadership skills with ability to coach & mentor sales team & inspire creative solution selling
- Strong logic, deductive reasoning, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience working with complex client relationships and client issue resolution
- Able to work collaboratively with internal & external teams
- Strong sense of urgency and accountability to drive client outcomes
This position provides a remote work arrangement for a well qualified candidate available to travel domestically 25-30% of the time.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen: careers.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Chicago,Illinois
Secondary Locations: AR - Bentonville, Remote, ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time