Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 900,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
This is a PRN (as needed) position for the Lab, M-F Days.
Supports the Director of Clinical and AP Laboratories as well as pathologists,managerial and technical staff by maintaining calendar, scheduling meetings, preparing documents and presentations using Microsoft programs.
1. Supports department operations by inputting data, answering the phone and routing of departmental phone calls.
2. Keyboards and proofs department correspondence and reports, schedules meetings as necessary..
3. Performs project work.
1. Minimum typing 45 wpm.
2. Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
3. Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Education and Experience
1. High School graduate or equivalent required.
2. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience required.
3. Basic to advanced knowledge of computer system required (I.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point).
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: