Sodexo has an exciting job opportunity for an experienced Financial Director, based on the East Coast, with full accounting and finance responsibilities supporting a major Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) account in a high visibility client-facing role.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of the budgeting process forecasting processes and standard management reporting (both client and Sodexo). Establishes overall departmental priorities and ensures all deadlines are met.
- Drive performance improvement processes and standardization in the financial processes at the unit level and ensure compliance on internal controls to safeguard the financial assets of the organization
- Provides a leadership role within the Finance function and assist Executive Management with setting the direction of the business. Works closely with Operations to drive the financial performance – with a focus on improving margins and identifying opportunities in the business for growth.
- Analyzes, reviews and implements process improvement. May lead a significant part of a project to enhance overall performance of the contract.
- Develop internal and/or external relationships to ensure maintenance and delivery of financial reports and information. Contributes to the tactical and strategic direction of the account and internally to the NorAm finance function
- Responsible for building and effective finance team management and employee development, including managing and executing an employee succession and development plan.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Responsible for managing, controlling and directing the financial function thereby ensuring accuracy of financial reports related to the operational activities of the contract to drive performance management.
- Ensures complete knowledge of monthly results, directs staff in the preparation of results presentation and recommendations to Sodexo and Client senior management
- Meeting accounts receivable objectives and metrics
- Oversee all legal and financial aspects of the client contract including Change Controls, KPI performance and tracking of savings initiatives
- Develop and maintain alongside Account team and Operational Excellence team daily/weekly KPI’s to monitor site performance
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data, reports, and statistics, including operating and Administrative budgets and communicating business planning reports to client per contract requirement
- Provide support to Site Directors and Account Director in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability.
- Oversee the period end closing process, ensuring that related expenses and revenue are reported in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis (e.g., capital expenditures, cash flow cost/benefit, lease vs.buy).
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Educated to a minimum of bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance or equivalent standard and relevant accounting qualification (CPA or MBA (graduate degree) preferred)
- Proven track record in finance with experience in an international and multicultural environment
- Significant financial exposure impacting key P&L and Balance sheet lines, the experience to be a business partner to operations - gravitas and experience to challenge, for example Project costing, pricing and accounting
- Relationship builder both internally and externally, with ability to influence and negotiate externally
- Understanding and commitment to client service demonstrated consistently in values, principles and work ethic
- Strong computer skills, including specific knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint etc). Broad experience with other ERP software and financial systems is desired (particularly SAP)
- Process orientation and implementation experience
- Hands on pro-active approach with an ability to work well autonomously
- Excellent communication skills (Sodexo finance regional/global teams, client finance team) and proven ability to work in a collaborative way with business partners, key employees, top management and client groups.
- Presentation skills, ability to interact at any level of the organization
- Position will support portfolio of business with locations in MI, MA, NC, Puerto Rico (3) and Montreal Canada
- Travel up to 40% will be required
- Candidates with financial management experience working for a facility management company servicing the pharmaceutical industry are preferred.
Manages professional employees and/or supervisors or individual contributor that supervises strategic large, complex support, production or operations function. Has accountability for the performance and results of a team or complex area within finance in assigned Segment. At highest levels responsible for partnering with Segment senior leaders on Finance strategy for the assigned Segment. Handles general accounting and financial reporting, cost accounting, auditing, budgeting and forecasting, and systems individually and in consultation with Centers of Excellence as appropriate. Responsible for providing oversight and direction to Unit Finance. Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions and problem-solving are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance from senior manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor’s Degree Basic Management Experience - 5 years Basic Functional Experience - 5 years Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.