Location: Los Angeles, CA
The Director/Senior Director of Talent Relations is responsible for the procurement of talent for the SiriusXM West Coast Office, with specific expertise in the areas of film and television.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Book significant and relevant talent and personalities for interviews and appearances on various SiriusXM channels; work across all talk, sports and music channels to cross-promote talent.
* Work directly with programmers and the Senior Vice President and General Manager of West Coast Talent and Events to identify talent needs on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
* Manage, liaise, and coordinate bookings with management, programming, and engineering departments.
* Cultivate, maintain, and nurture relationships within all relevant communities to attract key talent and create further awareness of SiriusXM content offerings.
* Prepare for and create the ultimate talent experience. Oversee the meet, greet, and care of talent while they are at SiriusXM.
* Partner with New York talent colleagues to support booking needs and events on East Coast as well.
* Perform ad hoc projects and other responsibilities as defined by the Senior Vice President and General Manager of West Coast Talent and Events.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent, relevant experience.
* 7+ years of experience in talent relations, with expertise in booking talent for film and television required; expertise and relationships in the music world also a plus. 10+ years of experience required to be considered for Senior Director.
* Strong network of contacts and relationships with talent, management agencies, PR firms, music communities, club; solid client rolodex and network across all areas of film, tv and music.
Requirements and General Skills:
* In-depth knowledge of national and local film and television arenas, pop culture and genre music icons.
* Availability to represent SiriusXM at premiers and other entertainment industry events, often on evenings and weekends.
* Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent influence and negotiation skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
* Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
* Comfortable maintaining confidentiality and working with high profile talent, personalities and creative individuals.
* Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to travel and work outside of standard business hours.
* Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
* Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
SiriusXM is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, pregnancy, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled