The Social Media Director, Marketing, is a marketing professional who works with various teams including Creative, Field Sales, Learning and Development, Product Development, PR and Brand Marketing to ensure the execution of high-quality organic/paid social media marketing strategies and tactics, including sales support and training for the consultant network within defined timeframes.
Position Reports To: Vice President, Digital Marketing & eCommerce
Social Media Team: Four Direct Reports
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess industry trends, market conditions, competitive strengths/weaknesses, governing policies and regulations in the development of persuasive social media marketing platforms that differentiate and build equity in the brand; provide strategic recommendations that address market trends.
- Proactively develop new social media strategies with the business cases to support it, budget requests, projects and plans.
- Collaborate on set specific social media marketing goals that align with overall direction and business goals. Oversee the monitoring of and reporting on pertinent metrics (e.g. reach, engagement rate, community growth, sales, traffic etc.). Manage to achieve established goals.
- Lead the development of social media training content to advance the education of the field organization on how to appropriately amplify the brand’s presence on social platforms.
- Oversee the timely creation of the social media editorial calendar including campaigns for product launches, promotions and events. Ensure the generation, editing, publishing and sharing of brand appropriate engaging content (e.g. original copy, photos, videos and news) on a daily basis.
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and social apps new features to aid the brand increase its social presence. Generate innovative social media ideas to promote the brand, products and services.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure brand consistent compelling social content that achieves high level of engagement for both corporate and consultants.
- Communicate with followers and monitor customer reviews/comments thru effective community management and respond to queries in a timely manner.
- Oversee social media accounts’ design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Develop and maintain social media communications plans (in partnership with creative team), and campaigns that increase brand awareness and customer acquisition.
- Develop an annual integrated social media marketing plan in conjunction with the peers in the brand marketing, field marketing, and digital marketing departments.
- Manage external resources and vendors to successfully deliver on social media marketing tactics.
- Manage budget of social media marketing deliverables and ensure effective control of marketing results to achieve objectives within designated budgets.
- Maintain brand guidelines and standards across the brand’s social platforms.
- Stay ahead of the marketplace, consistently gauging and sharing current benchmark trends and audience preferences.
- Support senior management with reporting, project management, and miscellaneous support requests.
- Coach, inspire and develop team talent to achieve their highest potential.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- +10 years of experience with a minimum of 5 years of management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field required. MBA is a plus.
- Social media native with appropriate industry experience, preferably in the beauty, skincare or apparel.
- Extensive social media experience with proven success at developing, maintaining and delivering on social media marketing strategies.
- Strong knowledge of digital marketing including paid social media.
- Experience developing and executing integrated marketing plans.
- Decisive with a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail-oriented perspective.
- Excellent analytical ability, good judgment and measurement focus.
- Experience successfully managing work streams collaborating with peers/colleagues in a team effort.
- Intelligent and articulate with the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills and strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Well-organized and self-directed; able to work with minimal amount of supervision and efficiently completing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Looking for a job? Dream big! We did! Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields met at Stanford University during their dermatology residency bonding over their personal struggles with acne and an understanding of how skin issues impact self-esteem and self-confidence. They combined their personal connection and professional expertise into a shared mission: to provide everyone with life-changing skincareTM that deliver real results!
Today, Rodan + Fields has grown from its humble beginnings in Dr. Katie Rodan's kitchen to the #1 skincare brand in the U.S. in 2016.* We combine our innovative products with a high-tech, high-touch approach, and as a result, more than a million customers have experienced the benefits of Rodan + Fields.
We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. Here's what we offer and what we're looking for:
Be Impactful. As a Rodan + Fields corporate employee, you will have the chance to make an impact every day! You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive!
Be Inspired. We do more than create life-changing skincare – we create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others.
Be Rewarded. Are you looking for a career that allows you to contribute your talents in a way that can truly make a difference in people's lives? Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits including competitive total rewards packages, a company-wide, long-term incentive plan, health benefits, annual 401(k) employer match, wellness reimbursement program, paid parental leave, education reimbursement and so much more.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions.
If you're ready to dream big, apply here!
*Source Euromonitor International Limited; retail value RSP terms; all channels, USA; extracted from internal system on March 15, 2017; claim effective starting March 28, 2017.