Harmonic is seeking an experienced commercial attorney with a strong technology transactions background. This is a high-profile, high-impact role based in San Jose, CA and reports directly to the General Counsel. This is an opportunity to join a small and collegial legal team within an innovative, dynamic and global company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting both our Video and Cable Access businesses, with a focus on North America and LATAM;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating contracts, including complex product sales and software licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, support and service agreements, reseller agreements, partnering agreements, and inbound licensing any supplier agreements;
- Working closely with all functions, including sales, services, finance, business development, product management, R&D, operations, and marketing, as well as senior management;
- Serving as a trusted, thoughtful and pragmatic business partner, to help achieve company objectives;
- Providing thought leadership by developing new, and improving existing, agreements and legal processes & practices;
- Providing legal, compliance and policy training to employees;
- Owning, managing or supporting corporate and other non-commercial legal matters and projects.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- At least 7 years of relevant in-house and law firm experience;
- Extensive experience structuring, drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial and licensing agreements for technology companies, including SaaS agreements;
- Strong experience with issues related to software, IP and technology licensing, and SaaS businesses;
- Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking, creativity and adaptability;
- Enjoys working across functions and providing leadership to drive deals to closure;
- Highly motivated and independent, but also a strong team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a relationship builder;
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with the ability to clearly explain complex issues and concepts in straightforward, everyday terms;
- Attention to detail, high quality work product and the ability to efficiently manage multiple matters is a must;
- Enjoys continuous learning;
- Substantive experience in other areas of the law is a plus;
- Law degree from a reputable law school.