Job ID: 184124
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Real Estate/Prop Dev
As a Director of IT Strategic Sourcing, you will be responsible for developing strong and effective business partner relationships and provides strategic sourcing support specific to the IT business unit. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Strategic Sourcing, you must be able to use experiences to deliver significant value to key stakeholders in managing the end-to-end strategic sourcing process for the Information Technology category, including but not limited to Hardware, Software, Telecommunication and Network, and IT Services. In addition, you will:
- Develop and build strong relationships with key IT stakeholders and be recognized as a valued partner and influence business decisions.
- Collaborate on an annual basis with business units and Finance on strategic cost savings targets and project plans.
- Continually improve supplier performance through effective contracts and supplier performance management methodologies
- Identify and evaluate market changes and new technologies -- make appropriate fact-based recommendations for adoption by key stakeholders
- Achieve year-over-year improvements on IT spend, focusing on quality and service
- Provide thought leadership and innovative strategies for optimizing sourcing effectiveness
- Strategize across categories/departments to identify opportunities for gained efficiencies and cost effectiveness in supplier negotiations
- Conduct all phases in the development of complex contracts to include drafting statements of work, request for proposal creation, and contract evaluation and negotiation.
- Build project plans and timelines to ensure key milestones are being captured and met as it relates to the sourcing process
- Collaborate with Sephora Global as the lead category expert for IT
- Effectively communicate status updates to key stakeholders, including timely identification and escalation/resolution of issues
- Work closely with legal and business partners to negotiate the most optimal contracts in both business and legal terms
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 7+ years corporate/retail level technology strategic sourcing experience.
- Experience in negotiating large enterprise software and SaaS agreements
- Experience managing and developing direct reports.
- Advanced knowledge of global market analysis, macro-economic drivers, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management ‘should-cost’ models, and multi-year negotiation strategies, supplier continuous improvement programs
- A proven track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
- Excellent project and timeline management skills to manage sourcing projects end-to-end from project intake, onboarding to project closure and transition
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced and skilled negotiator with utilization of flexible strategies.
- Ability to successfully influence both internal and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills including oral, written, and interpersonal. Experience interfacing with senior level stakeholders.
- Advanced excel skills required.
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Sephora’s goal is to create and nurture a safe and productive work environment for all. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at our company and insists on creating a space where everyone feels they belong. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.