Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Strategic Sourcing Director to be a key leader in driving transformation in vendor value, scalability, and business operations to help change the way Twilio buys services globally. As part of the Finance team, this role will partner with our Procurement team and business units across the company. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, this position is critical in supporting Twilio’s next stage of growth.
You will take an entrepreneurial approach, and are able to implement this approach by creating streamlined processes that reduce deal friction and capture value at scale. You are able to articulate measurable targets and generate analysis that reflects captured deal value. You see the big picture and are a great team player with strong communication skills, effectively working with individuals across the business. You are agile, empowered, and can live theTwilio Magic. You consistently inspire those around you to do the same.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of building and leading sourcing functions. We seek someone with:
- 10 years of relevant sourcing experience
- Undergraduate Degree. MBA bonus points
- Ability to build strong and productive partnerships with leaders at all levels of the organization
- Excellent knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports, model out total cost of ownership, and conduct cost analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Proficient in Excel or equivalent software
As Strategic Sourcing Director, you will:
- Partner with business units to understand supplier value and drive coordinated negotiations
- Develop collaborative relationships with the business units and suppliers
- Implement best practice sourcing strategy and process
- Develop and maintain marketplace knowledge; identify and monitor price trends
- Prioritize and manage all strategic sourcing initiatives and coordinate efforts with support functions
- Interact with cross-functional teams to ensure effective and collaborative sourcing decisions
- Liaise with business units to gather and standardize requirements
- Lead supplier negotiations and contract development
- Manage SLAs for suppliers; track performance, mitigate risk, and develop contingency plans
- Perform / oversee spend analysis, cost savings tracking, data mining, and ad hoc reporting
- Develop market intelligence on supply base, own key vendor relationships based on assigned categories and monitor key strategies and vendors
The Strategic Sourcing Director will be central to Twilio's continued growth, driving reinvestment of savings to support the company’s growth. You will work closely with senior leadership and business owners to guide company sourcing strategy.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.