Interested in joining a business strategy group that is designed to be a feeder for senior leadership roles into multiple businesses? Consider The Wonderful Company, the #1 growth leader among all CPG multibillion-dollar companies, the #1 growth leader in produce and the only multibillion-dollar CPG company with double-digit growth.
Join this high-growth, global company and help us on our journey to ever higher heights. Known for our iconic brands such as FIJI Water, POM Wonderful, Halos Mandarins, Wonderful Pistachios, Justin Wine, and Teleflora, among many others, we strive to make the world a healthier and happier place. As a privately-held, vertically-integrated company with over a dozen businesses in our portfolio, we enjoy a significant competitive advantage in a set of unique market spaces -- particularly in food and beverage, where as a farm-to-table producer, we are a leader in nuts, citrus, pomegranates, wine, and water. As a values-driven company, we strive to achieve the highest standard of quality, integrity and success -- and as a major philanthropic donor, by also giving back to the communities where we live and work. Over the last five years, Wonderful has doubled in size to $4B in revenue and we are on pace to continue this trajectory. The Strategy Group members are essential partners in this success.
The Wonderful Company is seeking a Director of Strategy to join its Strategy team. The Wonderful Strategy Group plays an essential role within the Wonderful Company leading a wide variety of strategic initiatives, M&A, change management efforts, risk management, and transitional operational efforts. The Group plays key roles in high profile projects, typically associated with driving acceleration of our growth, EBITDA, or strategic positioning. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Strategy, the director is a key leader on a 30 person strategy team. The director will partner with executive leaders across our business on high-growth company initiatives and lead a team of high-performing consultants with a mix of business and agricultural backgrounds.
In addition to providing strategic guidance and driving company growth, the Strategy Group is designed to be an in-house talent pipeline for future line operator roles. The Director role offers runway to future executive opportunities. Additional perks include building long-term relationships with business leaders, driving high-impact projects through to implementation and achievement, and leading a consistent work/life schedule with minimal travel. This is a unique opportunity to join a vibrant and high-growth entrepreneurial company and help us create the next horizon of growth.
The Wonderful Company Strategy group pursues several objectives:
* Lead and support the most important strategic, tactical, and operational initiatives for the Wonderful Company's Central Valley business units and also the broader corporate entity with the objective to grow revenue, reduce costs, and improve operations and efficiency.
* Lead new business growth and development at the holding company level, including M&A, post-acquisition integration, product development, and other new opportunities.
* Incubate new businesses, new capabilities, new offerings, or other strategic initiatives for the overall Wonderful Company
* Develop team members to be ready for leadership roles in the business and support their transition into management roles for the operating companies. Roughly 30-40% of the group is promoted into operating roles each year.
Here's what you'll do:
* Own and oversee multiple projects driving critical strategic, operational and organizational initiatives
* Interface directly with operating company presidents and company owners
* Partner with the group Vice President on the objectives and operations of the group
* Lead and mentor a team of consultants
* Position designed to lead to placement within an operating company
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
* Minimum ten years total work experience, including a minimum of two years' experience in management consulting at the Engagement Manager/Project Leader level from a top firm (Bain, Boston Consulting Group, Deloitte/Monitor, McKinsey, etc.)
* MBA or relevant graduate degree from a leading institution
* Cross-functional knowledge, including operations, finance, distribution or product line general management
* Strong problem-solving skills, project management experience, and strategic acumen -- in combination with a practical, action-based mindset
* Self-motivated individual and able to achieve high impact in an unstructured environment.
* Outstanding leadership and executive presence with ability to influence and engage stakeholders
* Experience in the food, agricultural, or consumer products industries desirable but not required
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
* Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k matching
* Onsite health club
* Subsidized gym membership
* Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
* Work-Life integration.
* Relocation package included
California's Central Valley is one of the world's most productive agricultural regions and is the base of The Wonderful Company's agricultural operations. With 100,000 acres of land, 16 million trees and four businesses based in this region, Central Valley is the heartbeat of our company. Central Valley enjoys a moderate climate and offers residents a high quality of life, low cost of living and, and a host of diverse cultural and recreational activities. From wine tasting and hiking to rafting, fishing, skiing, and surfing -- all within a two-hour drive -- this region has much to offer the outdoor enthusiast.
The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company's 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company's market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America's No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America's No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company's connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled