- Directs business unit tax accounting department activities.
- Assists senior management develop tax accounting strategies. Supervisory responsibility for entire business unit Treasury department.
- Performs all duties inherent in a managerial role.
- Monitor, review and analyze the inactive merchant records, General Ledgers and accounting records to identify areas of unclaimed property risk
- Lead, define and implement a comprehensive enterprise level unclaimed property strategy including initiatives for automated solutions that capture and manage all relevant properties and applicable regulatory guidance to assure Fiserv compliance leveraging technology including asset recovery
- Coordinate integration across business lines for processes, procedures and key controls which are influenced or impacted by unclaimed property administration
- Work upstream in the business to identify process improvements that reduce escheated funds by returning to owners earlier in the process and offsetting against potential bad debt of merchant
- Special projects in other State & Local areas: Credit & Incentives, Planning and M&A
- BA in Finance or Accounting, 10+ years experience in the finance and/or tax accounting field, or equivalent.
- Comprehensive technical skills, 7-10 years of current or recent unclaimed property experience, including process reviews, exposure analysis, and audit defense.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including familiarity researching state and local tax and unclaimed property laws and regulations
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments Preferred Qualifications
- Solid understanding of and experience applying unclaimed property laws and administrative statutes impacting companies
- Familiarity with unclaimed property reporting software a plus
- A proven record of simultaneously managing multiple projects
- Highly developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Project management and critical thinking skills with attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required
- Institutional Finance
- Financial Record Keeping
- Financial Reporting
- TAX MANAGEMENT
- Tax Operations
- Tax Regulations
- Treasury Management
Learn more about Fiserv:
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
- Paid Holidays
- On Site Cafeteria
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Donation-Matching Program
- Military Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts