The Director, Marketing US Urology will lead a small product management team responsible for developing and executing strategic and tactical marketing plans for a brand of diagnostics tests used across a multiple tumor types, including product launch planning and execution. Primary responsibilities include brand marketing, product positioning, messaging, promotional programs and campaigns, collateral development, medical tradeshow/conference planning and budget management. The successful candidate will also develop an effective and engaged team, provide opportunities for professional development, fostering an environment for open communication.
The Director is responsible for providing comprehensive strategy and support for the Urology product brand (Oncotype DX®). In this role, the Director will oversee the strategy, concept and development of brand campaigns, marketing materials, vendor relationships, key customer relationships, website content, and various other projects/programs directly promoting the product brand, participate on cross-functional teams consisting of colleagues from Sales, Medical Affairs, Commercial Learning, Customer Service and Managed Care. Success in this position will require attention to detail and the ability to carry out multiple tasks in parallel. Competitive candidates will possess relevant experience in urology or oncology and brand marketing, with a demonstrated ability to master complex scientific material and convey these concepts in a compelling, understandable manner.
Given the extensive contact the Marketing Department has with multiple internal and external parties, strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are essential. The Director should enjoy and flourish working in an ever-changing environment and be able to maintain composure and poise in sometimes-hectic situations.
include but are not limited to the following:
- Under direction of the Sr. Director, US Urology Marketing and Product Strategy, the Director, Marketing US Urology will lead the development and execution of promotional materials and programs targeted to key customer segments.
- Responsible for tools, programs and campaigns focused on specialty audiences (e.g. urologists, pathologists, urology fellows) that can influence the utilization of Oncotype DX brand products.
- Liaise directly and manage the relationships with various external groups, including current or prospective service vendors, advertising/creative agencies, Medical Communications, Societies/organizations (e.g. AUA, SUO, Etc.).
- Act as the Marketing lead for the review and approval of promotional materials
- Work directly with internal parties, especially the Sales, Training, Corporate Communications and Medical Affairs teams, on a wide range of projects
- Supervise staff including but not limited to organize and prioritize work, write/conduct performance reviews, train/develop, and manage work performance.
- Communicate goals clearly to employees to ensure understanding and success in achieving them.
- Motivate and inspire employees to do their best work through coaching.
- Maintain morale and support employee engagement initiatives.
- Maintain professional, friendly and courteous telephone, written and in-person communications with all internal and external audiences. We are an organization that must be firmly committed to premium customer service.
- Maintain confidentiality as it pertains to sensitive scientific data, HIPAA protected information, SEC-protected filings and other designated topics, at all times.
- Able to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between (either Madison or Redwood City) locations.
- Ability to travel 20% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, life science, or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in marketing and people management to include:
- 5+ years of management experience with direct reports successfully mentoring, coaching, and developing an effective team.
- 3+ years of Urology or Oncology market experience with strong preference for candidates who have worked directly with key opinion leaders in the US.
- Strong proven analytic skills with scientific papers and market intelligence and demonstrated ability to utilize the knowledge in building successful programs.
- MS Office expertise and presentation development skills must be at a very high level.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Advanced degree strongly preferred (i.e. MS, MBA, PhD, MD).
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.