Check out the following fantastic career opportunity!
Director, Procurement and Vendor Management
WageWorks has an exciting career opportunity for a Director, Vendor Management and Procurement. This position will be responsible for managing our national supplier chain and is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual with a demonstrated background in procurement and supplier management, capable of both hands-on individual contribution and strong leadership in a dynamic, fast paced environment. This position has become available in conjunction with the company’s growth plans as we continue to differentiate ourselves in the marketplace. We’re seeking an individual who demonstrates highly effective collaboration internally and externally, has a passionate focus on success, a tenacious commitment to continuous improvement, and a relentless drive to win for the business and the customer. As such, our selected candidate must be comfortable in an environment where the final work product has a direct, highly impactful line-of-sight to business performance and finds considerable satisfaction with the job environment being more about constantly challenging the status quo versus “maintaining”
This role will be responsible for the securement of best in class vendor services, negotiating the vendor contracts and rates including SLA’s and penalties. This candidate will need to embrace ambiguity and relish working with a blank slate. This person will play a critical role in managing and developing a high-performance team responsible for supporting all supplier and procurement related aspects of WageWorks service network. This includes forecast development, production planning, strategic sourcing, procurement, supplier relationship management, supplier quality management, and supplier audit.
The Director will proactively develop, maintain and execute plans for our supplier portfolio. In collaboration with our business partners, Risk SMEs and Legal, the Director will be primarily responsible for managing the “cradle to grave” third party management lifecycle. Responsibilities will include partnering with business partners to select third party service providers, conduct risk assessments, negotiate business terms, finalize required initial due diligence, report exceptions, oversee ongoing monitoring, and lead quarterly/annual business reviews. This role will report to the Vice President, Operations.
- Identify current vendors, capabilities, business requirements and overall performance;
- Develop a vendor rationalization plan and strategy to optimize all vendors, which may include quality, capacity, systems, and responsiveness;
- Create, maintain, and develop relationships within the vendor community;
- Set priorities, monitor performance and develop analytical and financial reporting of vendors including routine scorecards of agreed upon KPI’s;
- Establish goals and priorities of the vendor management operation that ensure operational integrity, including compliance with all policies and procedures;
- Negotiate continued cost reduction from the entire vendor base, managing risks such as financial viability, company and regulatory compliance, and business continuity;
- Identify opportunities across vendors to gain efficiencies ;
- Develop and implement strategic supplier relationships that deliver cost reduction, supply assurance, quality improvement, innovation and increased MWBE utilization.
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders aimed at identifying, understanding and fulfilling their requirements.
- Execute financial requirements to include total cost analysis, business case development, cost modeling, cash flow analysis and creation of annual operating and strategic business plans.
- Identify areas of opportunity for improvement with a focus on total cost reduction and supplier optimization.
- Request and/or assist in the development of correction action plans for standards that are not met by the vendor;
- Oversees the daily operations of Product Procurement and serves as a hands-on leader that understands and can perform the daily tactical and strategic functions when necessary;
- Directly or via subordinates: manages relationships with suppliers in pricing negotiations; business strategy planning; capacity utilization; manages the existing supplier portfolio, supplier evaluation, and selection criteria; and develops and administers supplier performance metrics;
- Creates and maintains the appropriate workplace culture and demonstrates effective people leadership for a team of product purchasing professionals, including setting clear performance standards, delivering feedback and coaching team members in all aspects of performance;
- Manages and documents employee issues and delivers appropriate corrective action as needed
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff in a rapidly growing organization.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team environment and adapt to change
- Develop the reporting for vendor performance in areas that include (but are not limited to) quality, capacity, systems and responsiveness;
- Develop vendor scorecards and dashboards that present relevant data tailored to the audience;
- Establish internal policies, standards, templates for working with vendors;
- Classify/ rationalize/optimize vendor portfolio and concentrate efforts on managing the most strategic vendors;
- Manage regular senior level collaborative meetings between vendor and business.
- 2 + years’ experience in project/asset management, procurement and or vendor relations in a service environment are desirable;
- Have prior vendor or supply chain management experience, ideally with vendor services;
- Must be comfortable building an organization and department in its entirety;
- Established track record of successfully managing vendor relationships;
- Must have good negotiation skills;
- Analytical approach to problem solving, with a focus on managing a team environment with attention to results and with a sense of urgency;
- Strong influencing skills with issue mitigation approach;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferably in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, or related field. MBA/advanced technical degree highly desired
- Ability to travel (up to 10-20%) US domestic locations
- 5+ years of experience product procurement with experience with global sourcing, including supplier selection/ qualifcation
- At least 3 years in a head-of-function leadership capacity with the proven ability to develop and mentor staff members
- Clear evidence of strong interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills; ability to present, support and defend ideas with senior managers
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, problem management, and conceptual skills, including the ability to make valid conclusions from assessing operational and financial data
- Exceptional negotiating skills, along with a strong presence and ability to influence others
- Ability to successfully leverage desktop technology (e.g., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, etc.) and proprietary systems (e.g., supplier portals, order entry software, ERP systems, etc.) in the performance of job responsibilities
- Works to proactively resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure effective and timely resolution
- Project Management: Presents to leadership frequent project status, key actions and risks and opportunities
An understanding of business administration as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or a closely related field.
Tempe, AZ or Irving, TX
Build Your Career at WageWorks!
WageWorks enables millions of people to save money on critical expenses like healthcare, dependent care, and commuting, through Consumer-Directed Benefits, such as Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) and Commuter Benefits. WageWorks is a leader in the industry serving more than 6.5 million people for over 100,000 employers, including 63% of the Fortune 500 and numerous public sector clients.
WageWorks believes that our success is achieved by its People. Values describe how we work together to achieve our success. It is our employees that drive results through living our Company Values. Every employee at WageWorks is expected to uphold and demonstrate the six Company Values listed below as an additional component of the job description and as a standard of individual performance.
Customer-Centric: Our Customer comes first. We aim to serve our Clients and their employees, our brokers and partners, as well as our internal customers.
Caring: People are at the heart of our company. We care about people: our Clients, our Clients’ employees and their families, our partners, and local communities, and our fellow employees at WageWorks.
Passionate: We love what we do and are passionate about delivering Consumer-Directed Benefits that save people money and enrich their lives.
Accountable: We are dedicated to making our team and the company succeed, and we are open, honest, ethical and conscientious, as we deliver on our commitments.
Leading: Our actions inspire new ideas and drive change each and every day.
Respectful: We value the diversity of our people, treat them with dignity and respect, encourage their development and reward their performance.
Why Work for WageWorks?
If you're looking for a career that provides plenty of growth opportunities, responsibility, and interesting challenges to tackle, you will find it here.
If you want to join a fast-moving, high-growth, exciting company that's a market leader, you’re looking in the right place.
But mostly, if you want to help people live happier, healthier, and more productive lives, then you’ll want to work for WageWorks.
WageWorks provides equal employment opportunity without regard to pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), medical condition, veteran or military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Employment will require successful completion of a background check.
Equal Opportunity for Disabled Veterans, Recently Separated Veterans, Other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans.
Drug free workplace.