Quest Food Management Services is looking for a Dish Washer / Porter to join our team!
Work for a growing company with a personal touch. Leadership is visible, approachable and shows that they care about their teams. Quest allows you to become an integral part of the local community, in an environment where you are listened to, supported and work-life balance and consistent scheduling is a priority. You are not just a number at Quest.
We provide the communities we serve with fresh, high-quality food, exceptional responsiveness and intensely personal service. We are committed to creating the most enduring relationships in the industry by what we do and how we do it, which is achieved through an unwavering commitment to our values:
- Integrity: we do the right thing at all times
- Responsiveness: we listen and respond quickly to provide the best solutions
- Accountability: we do what we say we will do and accept responsibility for the results
- Respect: we treat others better than we expect to be treated ourselves
- Excellence: we deliver the best experience possible
Dish Washer / Porter performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dishwashing, general cleaning duties, and storing food and non-food supplies. Maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of the dish area, kitchen, cafeteria and loading dock.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Cascades the vision of Quest Food Management Services ensuring the Quest vision, values and founding principles are effectively communicated, understood and practiced.
- Demonstrates commitment to Quest vision, values and missions through actions on a daily basis.
- Set up cutting boards, trash cans, mats, dish machines and pot sinks.
- Organize pot shelves so the same items are stored with the same items and it allows ease of access by the kitchen staff.
- Wash all soiled kitchen equipment, pots pans, and small wares from daily kitchen production according to proper sanitation standards.
- Maintain a system that ensures that the trashcans are continually emptied as needed and dispose of cardboard boxes by breaking them down and placing them in the recycling dumpster.
- Ensure that the kitchen and pot room floors are continually swept and mopped to prevent slipping accidents from occurring.
- Empty the dish machine and pot sink every two hours or as needed and refill with clean water and the proper chemicals.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness of the kitchen, pot room, dish machine, mop room and storage areas. All areas must be swept and mopped at the end of each day. No dirty equipment shall be left for the next day.
- Perform daily and weekly cleaning schedule.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes, and utensils.
- Record concentration of all sanitizing solutions in both the dish machine and 3 compartment sink.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces, and kitchen according to cleaning schedule and procedures.
- Keep floor drains clean and free of dirt, grease and trash.
- Follow all Quest policies and food safety guidelines.
- Report to scheduled shifts on time and in complete uniform.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic as well as to understand measurements and conversions
- Responsible for meeting and maintaining state and local certification requirements (Food Handler certification)
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Previous experience in the food service industry working in schools / higher education
Quest Food Management Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.