Objective / Purpose
The overall objective and purpose of the Steward position is to support the culinary staff by maintaining cleanliness of the kitchen. The incumbent is responsible for washing dishes, pots and pans, as well as organizing and cleaning the kitchen. They are to provide the highest level of service in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Essential Functions / Tasks
Primary responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet and interact with internal and external guests in a genuine warm and friendly manner using professional and Kessler standard nomenclature
- Operate the telephone system, answering calls within three (3) rings, using the correct salutation and telephone etiquette
- Maintain the integrity of the guests’ privacy, including confidentiality of personal information and key control
- Maintain the integrity of Company proprietary information and protect Company assets
- Proficiently operate the dishwashing equipment, using proper amount of products. Report deficiencies.
- Follow proper food handling procedures
- Wash dishes, glassware and silverware
- Wash pots, pans and trays
- Maintain a clean and organized pantry and coolers
- Clean countertops and walls, mop floors
- Segregate and remove trash and garbage and place it in designated containers
- Regularly empty garbage containers
- Rinse out and wash garbage cans
- Sort bottles, plastics and other recyclable items
- Stack clean dishes and transfer equipment to proper storage area
- Maintain complete knowledge and comply with company policies and procedures
- Maintain neat, clean and professional appearance according to standards
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures. Report accidents, injuries and unsafe conditions
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship and support the team to achieve our goals
- Attend required training and meetings
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA)
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Ability to operate an industrial dishwasher
- Ability to remain calm in various situations, use sound judgement and effectively solve problems
- Ability to follow instructions and take direction
Education, License, Certifications, Experience
- High School Graduate or related training equivalent - required
- 1+ year of relevant work experience in similar scope and title – preferred
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
Work Environment / Conditions
The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of or less than 40 hours with or without notice.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to see, hear, reach, use fingers to handle and feel, and stand up to 8 hours on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50 lbs.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting and standing for long and short periods of time.