Department: Food & Beverage
Status: Hourly Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Chef/Sous Chef
SUMMARY: Maintains kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Transport equipment to and from offsite events and convention center.
* Load, offload, and set-up equipment at offsite events.
* Maintains sanitary and safe work environment.
* Maintains clean dry floors and walls at all times, including sweeping and mopping.
* Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine.
* Washes pots, pans, trays, worktables, walls, ranges, refrigerators, an meat blocks.
* Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
* Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
* Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
* Works with and supervises all of the dishwashing team.
* Sets up, maintains, and works the dishwashing stations at all events.
* Informs Chef and Sous Chef of items needed to perform job.
* Help keep all China, Glass, and Silver in place and in order.
* All other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
1-2 years' kitchen experience.
Must have a valid Food Handlers Permit
Skills and Abilities
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Must have the ability to work late hours, weekends, and holidays as needed. Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long hours. Stooping and lifting is also required. Must be able to lift 50 pounds to the waist.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact Martha Perales, Human Resources Manager at 361-826-4104
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled