Department: Sanitation and Kitchen
Reports to: Executive Chef, Sous Chef and/or other Directors.
Classification: Full-Time, Hourly and Non-Exempt
Primarily responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all club china, silverware, cookware and kitchen areas. Will also assist intransportation of food to other areas of the club, set up for banquets, and prep food items when needed. This person must have good communication skills and have the ability to lift, pull and push a moderate amount of weight. We are looking for a full time evening dishwasher, the position does include benefits.
- Washes, rinses, sanitizes and stocks all dishes, glassware, utensils, pots and pans.
- Keeps dish and other storage areas clean and organized.
- Sweeps and washes floors, washes walls, and kitchen equipment.
- Removes trash from areas and transfers dumpster.
- Transports food from kitchen to banquet areas.
- Performs general cleaning tasks as instructed, using cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
- Cleans unexpected spills in the kitchen areas.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the Department Manager/Supervisor.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Less than high school education; or up toone month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be required: to read a limited number or two and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers; to print and speak simple sentences.
May be required: to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's.
May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one and two step instructions; to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Frequently stands and walks; uses hands to finger, feel or handle; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally stoops, kneels, crawls, crouches, sits, talks or hears. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50 pounds.
Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Frequently works in wet and humid conditions (non-weather) and near moving mechanical parts. Regularly works in extreme heat (non-weather). Noise level is moderate.
Must be at least age 18.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences:
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to perform the duties of the job to read banquet event orders and requisitions.
- Ability to work flexible schedules (day, evenings, weekends, holidays)
- Ability to work at a self-motivated, rapid & consistent pace
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.0