Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company. Here you'll find opportunities to grow your career at any level whether you have direct contact with resident or support someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000 associates, there's a place for you to make a difference in lives of the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
Operates the dish machine and maintains the cleanliness of the dish machine area.
Operates a dish machine to wash dishes, glasses, cups, trays, silverware, and food service equipment.Sets up and cleans dish machine area; checks temperatures and soap dispensing levels.Stores clean equipment and utensils.Assists in maintaining preparation and service areas in a sanitary condition.Empties garbage and moves to dump site.Sweeps and mops floors.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and ExperienceHigh school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsObtain and hold any local or state required food handling/supervision/sanitation licenses and/or certifications.
Management/Decision MakingMakes standard and routine decisions based on detailed guidelines with little independent judgment. Problems are generally solved with clear, detailed guidelines or by reporting them to a supervisor.
Knowledge and SkillsHas a basic level of a skill and can follow written or verbal instructions. Has basic technical skills to complete a few repetitive and well-defined duties. Has a basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Exposure to latex
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Schedule: Regular Part-Time